YouTube is an online video streaming app where you can watch videos in various categories. You can watch the news, sports, live videos, music, and more. It is compatible with all devices like smartphones, PC, laptops, Android TV, and Firestick TVs. Sometimes, YouTube may get stuck or stop working due to technical issues. If the YouTube app installed on Vizio TV is not working properly, we have explained some fixes to get rid of the issue quickly.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Vizio TV
Mostly YouTube stops working due to cache issues, outdated versions of the app, technical glitches, and a few more general reasons., You can apply the below fixes to your Vizio TV to resolve the issue.
Examine Internet Connection
It is the first and foremost thing to check if your YouTube suddenly stops working. Due to poor internet speed, YouTube may struggle to stream videos. The following speed is required to stream YouTube videos without interruption on your TV.
- 4K Videos – 20Mbps
- HD 1080p – 5Mbps
- HD 720p – 2.5Mbps
- SD 480p – 1.1Mbps
- SD 360p – 0.7Mbps
If your internet speed is less than 0.7Mbps, YouTube will struggle to load and stream videos on your TV. Therefore, check the internet connection on your router and restart it. Check with your internet service provider if the issue is not with the router.
If YouTube is not updated for a long time, it must be one of the reasons for not working on your TV. Without an update, the app gets outdated and will create technical glitches when it is not compatible with the TV’s firmware.
1. Go to the Vizio App Store on TV.
2. Enter YouTube using the on-screen keyboard and select Search.
3. Select YouTube and click on Update if you see any updates available. After updating, open YouTube to check whether the issue is resolved.
Clearing YouTube Cache
Resetting the app makes YouTube fresh and can start working without any issues.
1. Open Settings and select the Apps menu.
2. Select YouTube under the Apps section.
3. Select Force stop. It will fix the app from misbehaving on your TV.
4. Click on Clear Data and Clear Cache. You will be asked for confirmation. Select OK to clear the data and recent memory cache.
Reinstall YouTube App
If the app misbehaves even after clearing the cache and data, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it.
1. Press the home button on your remote.
2. Under My Apps, select the YouTube app. Press and hold OK on your remote for a few seconds.
3. A pop-up will appear. Choose Delete to uninstall the app.
4. Once you have uninstalled the app, restart your Vizio TV.
5. After restarting, go to Vizio App Store and search for YouTube.
6. Select the app and click Install.
Open and log in to the YouTube app with your credentials and check whether the app is working smoothly.
1. Turn off your Vizio TV and unplug the cable from the power source.
2. Press the power button on your Vizio TV for a few seconds.
3. Again, plug in the cable to the power source and turn on your TV.
Soft Power Cycling
You can do a soft power cycle on your Vizio TV as an alternative way for the above method.
1. Press the Menu button on the remote.
2. Select System → Reset & Admin and choose Soft Power Cycle.
Once you select it, the Vizio will turn off and restarts again.
Check YouTube Servers
The downfall of YouTube servers is one possible reason the app does not work well on your TV. In this scenario, you can access YouTube on other devices like smartphones, PC, or laptops to confirm whether YouTube is down on all devices. All you have to do is wait for some time. If the app doesn’t work well, you need to implement other ways to resolve the issue.
Update Vizio TV
There are possibilities that the issue may be due to out-of-date firmware on Vizio TV. So, check for the updates on your Vizio TV.
1. Tap on the home button on your remote.
2. Go to Settings → System
3. Select Check for Updates.
4. If there is an update, install it on your Vizio TV.
5. Once your Vizio TV is updated, launch the YouTube app. If the issue persists, try other troubleshooting methods.
Factory resetting can turn your TV afresh, which means that all data, memory, and apps you have installed will get erased.
1. Press the home button on your remote.
2. Go to System → Reset & Admin.
3. Select Reset TV to Factory Defaults.
4. Before resetting, you will be asked for a four-digit PIN.
5. If you haven’t configured a PIN, enter the default PIN – 0000. After the reset, install the YouTube app on your Vizio TV and check again.
- How to fix Hulu not working on Vizio TV
- How to fix Netflix not working on Vizio TV
- How to fix Disney Plus not working on LG TV
- How to fix YouTube not working on Sony TV
Frequently Asked Questions
It may be due to technical issues in the YouTube App. Try updating the app, clear the YouTube cache, or delete and reinstall the app.
You can easily update the YouTube app on your TV from the Vizio App Store.