Do you want a file manager that can help you manage your files on Android TV? Then, the X-plore File Manager app is the one I would recommend. Although there are a large number of file managers available on your Android TV, X-plore File Manager differentiates itself from the crowd with its outstanding features. X-plore File Manager has a dual-pane explorer where users can open up two different folders at the same time, making it easy to move and copy files. It is available on devices like Android, iOS, Firestick, Android TV, and more. Now, let us talk about how to Install X-plore File Manager on Android TV.
Features of X-plore File Manager
- Has a Dual-pane tree view.
- Allows you to compress files in ZIP, 7ZIP, and RAR.
- Gives you access to Cloud Storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, and DropBox.
- Allows you to access and share files through WiFi, Cloud, and FTPS.
- Has built-in apps to view or play images, text, videos, and more.
- Supports SSH File Transfer and Terminal shell emulator.
Different Methods to Install X-plore File Manager on Android TV
If you want to install X-plore File Manager on your TV, there are different methods you can use. They are:
- From Play Store
- Using Downloader
From Play Store
1. Launch your Android TV and select Apps on the home screen.
2. Navigate to Play Store and enter X-plore File Manager on the search bar.
3. From the search results, choose the X-plore File Manager app.
4. Select Install to install the app on your Android TV.
5. Once the installation is done, open the X-plore File Manager app.
1. On your Android TV, go to Apps and select Play Store.
2. Click on the Search bar and enter Downloader.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the suggestion list and select Install to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
4. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote to back to the home screen.
5. Navigate to Settings and select Security & Restrictions.
6. Select Unknown sources. Choose the Downloader app and enable the toggle.
7. Now, launch the Downloader app and click on the URL box.
8. Enter the URL for the X-plore File Manager Android TV APK and select GO.
9. The apk file will be downloaded on your TV and click on Install.
10. Wait for the installation to be over and launch the X-plore File Manager app.
Related: How to Transfer Files to Android TV.
How to Use X-plore File Manager on Android TV
1. Open the X-plore File Manager app and you will see two panels with different functions on the left and right sides.
2. To move or copy files between them the two panels, choose the file that you want to move or copy and hold the Select button for some time.
2. On the menu that appears, select Move or Copy and choose the destination for the file.
3. Select OK and the file will be moved to the destination.
1. Choose the File you want to delete and press the Select button until you see a new menu appearing on the screen.
2. Click on Delete and select OK to delete the file from your storage.
Create ZIP Files
If you want to convert an Apk, Documents, Images, Videos, or more into ZIP files, you can do it using the X-plore File Manager app.
1. Choose the Files that you want to convert as ZIP files and long-press the Select button.
2. Select Create ZIP and follow the on-screen instructions to convert the files into ZIP files.
It also has other functions like WiFi file sharing, DLNA, Web Storage, SSH File Transfer, and more. X-plore File Manager has become one of the best file managers available on Android TV, thanks to its versatile functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is an X-plore File Manager app available for Android TV in the Play Store.
Yes, you can install APKs on Android TV using the Downloader app.