Android TVs and TV Boxes from all the brands offer the same UI. If you want to change the UI of your Android TV, you have to launchers. For Android TV, you have a limited number of launchers. Among them, Wolf Launcher is the best for all Android TVs and TV Boxes. With the Wolf Launcher, you can customize the Android TV home screen, tiles, and background. Unfortunately, the Wolf Launcher app is not available for Android TV in the Play Store. You have to sideload the launcher using ES File Explorer or the Downloader app.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Sideload Wolf Launcher on Android TV
1. Start your Android TV and open Google Play Store.
2. Tap the Search icon from the top right corner and enter Downloader in the search bar.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Click Install to install the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. From your Android TV home screen, click on the Settings icon and choose the Device Preferences option.
6. Tap the Security & Restrictions feature.
7. Select the Unknown Sources option and turn on the Downloader app’s toggle.
8. Then, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
9. Click on Allow when prompted.
10. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
11. Then, enter the Wolf Launcher Android TV APK URL in the search bar.
12. Once entered, click on the Go button to get the APK file.
13. Further, click Install to install Wolf Launcher on your TV.
14. After the installation, click Open to launch the app.
How to Use Wolf Launcher on Android TV
To use the Wolf Launcher on Android TV, you have to disable the Stock Launcher.
1. On your Android TV, open the Launcher Settings.
2. Click the Disable Stock Launcher.
3. Then, click the Enable Custom Launcher option.
4. Now, open the Wolf Launcher application.
5. You will get customization options like Wallpaper, Hidden Apps, Status Bar, Sections, and more.
6. In the Wallpaper menu, you can choose the background for your Android TV.
7. In the Hidden Apps section, you can add apps that you want to hide from the home screen.
8. If you want, you can add more than one section on the home screen by changing the Sections settings.
9. In the Status Bar, you can customize the notification settings of your Android TV
Other Supported Devices
- Android Phones and Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check out our detailed guide on the best launcher for Android TV. We have listed eight launchers for Android TVs.