People will spend most of their time on their social media. In fact, social media entertains us and keeps our schedule tight. While scrolling videos on social media like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, we will find videos that attract us the most. But, none of the social media platforms offers a way to download those videos to our offline library. You have to save and download those videos by installing VidMate APK on your Android TV.
VidMate APK Features
- You can download videos to your offline library from any of the video-sharing platforms without any restrictions.
- You can also save the status kept by your friends.
- One of the special features is that you can convert the videos into audio format. The supported audio formats are 128K – MP4A, 128K – MP3, 48K – MP3, and 256K MP3.
- Watch or listen to more media sources online by using VidMate.
- You can download the videos for free.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Sideload VidMate APK on Android TV
Since there is no availability of an official app for VidMate on the Google Play Store, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV. You have to install the Downloader app and Sideload Launcher on your Android TV.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
4. Once the installation process is over, the Open button will appear in place of the Install button.
5. Don’t launch the Downloader app. Go back to the Android TV home screen.
Change Android TV Settings
You have to change some of the settings on your Android TV to sideload the VidMate app.
1. On your Android TV Settings page, go to the Device and Preference option.
2. From there, go to Security and Restrictions option.
3. In the Install Unknown Apps section, you can see a tiny switch that is placed near the Downloader app.
4. Enable the Downloader toggle.
Sideload VidMate APK
1. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL of the AFTVnews Plugin (browser.aftvnews.com) and click the Go button to download the plugin.
3. Then, enter the VidMate Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
4. Then, download the APK file and tap the Install button.
5. Open the VidMate APK and download all the videos to your offline library.
VidMate Supported Sites
As said earlier, you can download videos from almost all the video hosting platforms. Some of the video-sharing platforms are mentioned below.
You must have heard about TikTok, the most installed app on the Google Play Store. Moreover, TikTok is used by more people to download videos. It contains an in-build search icon to search for a specific video. You can download TikTok on Android TV using the Downloader app.
You can get the official YouTube app on Android TV from the Play Store. You can browse all your desired videos and you will also get personal recommendations based on the videos that you are watching. Though YouTube offers offline downloads, you can’t access them in your offline library.
Instagram, from Meta, has a lot of short videos in the name of Reels. You can download all those Reels on your Android TV using the VidMate app. Instagram on Android TV allows the user to create, share, and post videos easily.
No, you cannot get the official VidMate app on Google Play Store. Instead, you can download the APK file and sideload it on your Android TV.
The latest version of VidMate APK is v 4.4706.