uTorrent is the best torrent download client with a lot of advanced tools. It is the first torrent platform that allows you to play torrent files while you download them. Apart from PCs and smartphones, you can install the uTorrent app on your Android TV by sideloading. With the uTorrent app on your Android TV, you can download torrent files bulk, schedule your downloads, and more.
In the uTorrent app, you will get all the necessary information when you download a torrent. You will get ETA, Download Speed, Upload Speed, Seed count, Connecting Peers, and more. If you want, you can also set Download and Upload speed, number of simultaneous connections, and default download folder.
You can use the uTorrent, the torrent downloader app, on your Android TV for free. But, to get all the advanced features, you have to buy a subscription. uTorrent offers two types of subscriptions.
- AD-FREE: $4.95 per year
- PRO: $19.95 per year.
In the AD-FREE plan, you will get unlimited torrent downloads without any ads but with less bandwidth. In the PRO plan, you will get all the AD-FREE features along with secure torrent downloads, virus protection, and a built-in file conversion plugin.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV Stream Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Add uTorrent to Android Smart TV
1. Go to the Apps section on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader.
3. Click on the Downloader app icon from the results page.
4. Tap on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Open the Android TV Settings menu and tap the Device Preferences option.
6. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Choose the Unknown Sources option and turn on the Downloader toggle.
8. Launch the Downloader app on your TV.
9. Click on the Allow button when a prompt appears on your screen.
10. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com)
11. Then, type in the uTorrent Android TV APK URL (https://bit.ly/3xbDIBS) and click the Go button.
12. Download the APK file and tap the Install button.
13. Open the uTorrent app on your Android TV.
14. If you can’t open the app, get the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open APK files.
How to Use uTorrent on Android TV
1. Open the uTorrent app and tap the Plus icon.
2. Upload the torrent file to start the download. Choose the downloads folder when prompted.
3. When the download is started, you will get the Preview screen. Tap the Play button to watch the torrent file.
4. If you want, explore the Settings menu and customize the torrent settings. In the Settings menu, you can change the Download Path, Set Torrent Limit, Auto Shutdown, and enable/disable the Battery Saver mode.
Other Supported Devices
If you have any of these devices with you, you can install the uTorrent app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, uTorrent is a safer platform to use. The app is officially available on the Google Play Store.