UC Browser is one of the popular web browsers for Android TV. UC Browser is one of the simplest browsers to use. The browser is integrated with the video player, which will allow you to watch videos while surfing the internet. The highlighting thing about the UC Browser is the Facebook Mode. In the Facebook Mode, you can watch Facebook videos on your Android TV without any buffering issues though your internet is weaker. For reading purposes, you can enable the Night Mode to decrease eye strain.
Common browsing features like Incognito Mode, Data Saving Mode, Fast Download, and Ad-blocker are available in the UC Browser. Similar to Chrome on Android TV, you can use the UC Browser for free without any subscription.
UC Browser on Android TV
UC Browser is not available for Android TV. So, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Sideload UC Browser on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader.
3. Select the Downloader app from the app suggestions.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Now, open the Settings app on your Android TV.
6. Choose the Device Preferences option.
7. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
8. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
9. Enable the Install Unknown Apps toggle for the Downloader app.
10. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
11. Click the Allow option to give the necessary permissions.
12. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browsers.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
13. Then, type the UC Browser Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
14. Download the APK file for the UC Browser app.
15. Tap the Install button to start installing the UC Browser APK on your TV.
16. Wait for the installation to complete and then launch the UC Browser on your TV.
17. Surf the internet with ease.
Alternative Way to Get UC Browser on Android TV
2. Go to the Downloads section and get the UC Browser APK file for your TV.
3. In the warning pop-up, click the OK button.
4. Wait for the download to complete and then click on Open.
5. If you can’t open the APK file, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV and open the APK file.
6. Further, click on the Install button to start installing UC Browser.
6. Finally, launch UC Browser and surf the internet.
Other Supported Devices
Let’s explore the different devices that support the UC Browser app.
- Android phone
- Windows Phone
- Fire TV
- Blackberry OS
- Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
As of now (18th August 2022), the latest version of UC Browser is V13.4
UC Browser is a safer browser to use. But due to some controversial issues, the browser was banned in a few countries.