TuneIn is a popular American audio streaming service that streams radio, news, sports, music, and podcasts. It is available on multiple devices as a dedicated app. TuneIn is owned by TuneIn Inc., based in San Fransisco, California. The app lets you listen to more than 100000 radio stations. Additionally, you can listen to more than four million podcasts. The TuneIn website supports 22 languages with content made for the specific language or region. In this section, we will discuss the procedure to add TuneIn Radio on Android TV.
TuneIn Radio is the best one with plenty of radio stations, news shows, sports commentary, and podcasts. It is a subscription-based streaming service, and you can add it to your TV as well. Let’s find out the same in this section in detail.
The TuneIn Premium costs you $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year. Additionally, you will get a seven-day free trial while signing up for the first time. Click here to sign up for TuneIn Radio.
TuneIn Radio on Android TV
We have the official TuneIn Radio app on the Google Play Store to install on Android TV. In this section, let’s find out different ways to add and access the TuneIn app on your TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream Box
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add TuneIn Radio on Android TV
We have the official TuneIn app supported on your Android TV. Follow the given instructions to add and access the TuneIn Radio app.
1. Firstly, launch your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Choose the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, type in TuneIn Radio and then search for it.
5. Choose the TuneIn Radio app from your search results.
6. Select the Install button to start downloading the app.
7. Wait for the download to finish and launch the TuneIn Radio app.
8. Next, complete the sign-in process by following the on-screen instructions.
9. Finally, start streaming TuneIn Radio on your TV.
How to Add TuneIn Radio on Android TV Outside the US
If you’re residing outside the US, you can add TuneIn to your TV by sideloading it. It involves the following three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources for Downloader
- Downloading TuneIn Using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Since we are about to download the TuneIn app from a third-party source, we need the Downloader app. Follow these instructions to download TuneIn Radio.
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and then type in Downloader in the search bar.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and click the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes till the app installs on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
If you wish to install third-party apps on your device, you need to make changes to the device settings.
1. Open the Settings icon on your Android TV home screen.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader option and then slide the toggle located next to it.
Installing TuneIn Using Downloader
After making the necessary settings alterations, we need to install the TuneIn app on your device.
1. Launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. Type in the URL for TuneIn Android TV apk.
4. Click on the Go option and then download the APK file for the TuneIn app.
5. Start installing the TuneIn app by tapping on the Install option.
6. Wait for the installation to complete and then launch the TuneIn app on your TV.
Alternative Method: Cast TuneIn Radio to Android TV
If you wish, you can enjoy streaming TuneIn Radio on your TV by casting its content from Android smartphones.
1. Connect your Android TV and casting device to the same Wi-Fi connection.
2. On your casting device, launch the TuneIn app.
3. Choose any title or song and then start playing it.
4. Tap on the cast icon on the media player.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. Within a few minutes, the TuneIn app starts will cast on your TV.
7. Enjoy listening to the content on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Fire TV
- Apple Watch
- Android Wear
- Xbox One
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android Phone
- Windows Phone
- Windows Surface Tablet
- Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet
- Android Tablets
- Microsoft Cortana
- Google Home
- Echo Plus
- Sonos One
- Echo Dot
- Echo Show
- Google Home Mini
- Home Max
- JBL Link
- Echo Spot
Other services that you can access to stream music on Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get the TuneIn app on a smart TV?
The TuneIn app is available on smart TVs, and you can download its app on your device like any other supported app.
2. Can I cast the TuneIn app on your TV?
Yes, the TuneIn app on your Android and iOS devices itself support the Cast feature in it.
3. Is the TuneIn app free?
The TuneIn Premium costs you $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year.