If you are concerned about online security, TorGuard VPN can be the right solution for you. This might be more suitable for torrenting if you are interested. TorGuard itself works fine in certain restrictive countries, including China. It has more than 3000 servers in 50 different countries across the globe. Some of the attractive features on TorGuard include IPv6 leak prevention, irreplaceable speed, and the available DNS options. However, the most appealing one is that TorGuard doesn’t reduce your internet speed at all. The following section will throw more light on adding TorGuard VPN on Android TV.
TorGuard VPN has subscription tiers starting at $9.99 per feature per month. Unfortunately, TorGuard VPN doesn’t have any free trial option.
- Monthly TorGuard VPN subscription: $9.9 per month
- Quarterly TorGuard VPN subscription: $6.66 per month
- Semi-annual TorGuard VPN subscription: $4.99 per month
- Annual TorGuard VPN subscription: $4.99 per month
TorGuard VPN on Android TV
TorGuard VPN isn’t available for download on your Android TV platform. So, you have to sideload the Android (apk) version of TorGuard by using the Downloader tool.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add TorGuard VPN on Android TV
TorGuard might not be natively available on your device. However, you can always sideload it to your Android TV easily.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. At first, turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Go to the Search icon and use the on-screen keyboard to search for the Downloader.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon and click on the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes till the app installation completes.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. Open your Android TV Settings.
2. From the Settings menu, click on Security & Restrictions >> Unknown Sources.
3. Go to the Downloader app.
4. Tap the toggle next to the name to enable the feature.
Sideloading TorGuard VPN on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app you installed and click on the Allow option once prompted.
2. Type in the TorGuard VPN Android TV apk URL.
3. Click on the Go option and download the VPN apk file.
4. Once the download is over, install the TorGuard VPN on your TV.
5. Launch the TorGuard VPN app on your TV when the installation is completed.
6. Complete the sign-in process in the TorGuard VPN app.
Other Supported Devices
The following devices can let you access the TorGuard VPN.
- Apple TV
- Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is TorGuard good for torrenting?
Yes, TorGuard VPN supports torrenting and works with torrent apps like uTorrent and Vuze.
2. Is TorGuard on Android TV?
There is no native application for TorGuard in the Google Play Store of an Android TV. However, we can sideload the same on your Android TV from a third-party source.
3. Can I get TorGuard on a Smart TV?
TorGuard doesn’t have its version on Android TV. However, it can be accessed on Roku and Apple TV.