Are you looking for the best channel with accurate weather reports for your Android TV? Then, adding The Weather Channel to your TV will be one of the best choices for you. The Weather Channel brings to you weather maps with temperature and local forecasts. All these details are updated every day and every hour as needed. Also, you can get real sweat and umbrella indexes in the app in the rain forecast. Additionally, the app gives you alerts relating to floods, weather, temperature, quality of air, and pollution. Let’s discuss in detail streaming The Weather Channel on Android TV.
With the rain forecasts of The Weather Channel, keep yourself aware of the weather for the next two weeks. So, you can schedule your activities properly with these local weather updates. Additionally, you can get data relating to tides and phases of the moon on The Weather Channel.
The Weather Channel is free to download and use. You don’t need to subscribe to enjoy The Weather Channel on your devices,
The Weather Channel on Android TV
As of today, The Weather Channel doesn’t have an official Android TV app. However, you can access it on a variety of other devices, including Apple TV. When it comes to Android TV, you need to side-load the app from a trusted site. Then, you can enjoy streaming the content from The Weather Channel on TV.
The Weather Channel is also available on a service provider as well. You can enjoy the channel on all packs of fuboTV subscriptions. The fuboTV can be installed on your Android TV from the Play Store, and you need a subscription to enjoy the app. You can also enjoy a lot of other popular channels on fuboTV.
How to Install and Stream The Weather Channel on Android TV?
The Weather Channel can’t be installed on your Smart TV from the Google Play Store. So, you need to add the same app on your TV from an unknown source. This process involves the following steps.
1. Installing Downloader on Android TV
2. Enable Unknown Sources
3. Install The Weather Channel using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
As we need to side-load The Weather Channel, we need to use an application called Downloader. This app will help you download any third-party app to your Android TV easily. You can find this app on the Play Store, and it is free to download and use. So let’s start by adding Downloader on Android TV.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store to search for an app.
3. Search for the Downloader by the AFTV news app after typing it on the search bar.
4. Further, select the Downloader app from the search results that appear on your screen.
5. Finally, click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
Enable Unknown Sources
The Android TV doesn’t let you add third-party apps into it with its default settings. So, you need to make changes to these default settings and then install apps from unknown sources. Follow these steps on your TV.
1. Firstly, open the Settings menu from your home screen.
2. Click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader option and then enable it using the toggle.
Install The Weather Channel using Downloader
We have already added the Downloader app and made the necessary settings on the Android TV to side-load apps to it. So, let’s download and install The Weather Channel on it.
1. Firstly, open the Downloader app on your TV.
2. As prompted, click on the Allow option.
3. Now, enter the URL for The Weather Channel app in the URL section of the app.
4. Now, click on the Go option and download the APK file for The Weather Channel.
5. Finally, Install it on your TV.
Alternative Way: Casting The Weather Channel on Android TV
If you don’t want to add The Weather Channel, you can cast the same from its website on your TV. Follow these steps to cast The Weather Channel app on your TV.
1. Start by connecting your PC and Android TV/ Chromecast on the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Chrome web browser on your PC and visit The Weather Channel website.
3. Play the content from the website that you would like to watch.
4. Now, click on the Customize icon with three dots, one over the other.
5. Click on the Cast icon on the menu that pops down.
6. Choose your Chromecast device from the list and then on the Sources option.
7. Further, click on the Cast Tab option.
8. Finally, you can start streaming the content from The Weather Channel on your TV.
Devices that support The Weather Channel
Here is a list of devices that support The Weather Channel app.
- Apple TV
- Android phones
- Android Tablets
- Apple Watches
- Samsung Smart TVs
Related: Freeview on Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get the weather on my Android TV?
The Weather Channel doesn’t have an Android TV app, and you need to side-load the app from an unknown source on your TV.
2. How do I get the weather channel on TV?
The Weather Channel has made its app available on Apple TV. So, you can add the channel to your Apple TV. However, there is no dedicated app for Android TVs. So, however, you need to sideload the same on your TV.
3. Can I get the weather channel on my Samsung Smart TV?
You can get The Weather Channel is available on Samsung Smart TVs.