Telia Play brings to you entertainment wherever you are, irrespective of the device you have. It also applies to Android Smart TV, where you can officially access the Telia Play app. Telia Play streams TV channels, movies, TV shows, and live sports. Additionally, Telia Play has content for kids in the SF Kids favorites collection. Telia Play is a popular Swedish app and streams 15 Swedish channels.
You can sign in to your Telia Play account on more than a single device. So, you can watch the shows on your TV that you were previously watching on your smartphone from where you left watching. The app gives you 500 hours of cloud storage to record your favorite shows. The recorded shows remain in your cloud storage until you remove them. Apart from that, you can download shows on your device and watch them offline.
- Telia Play costs you SEK 199 per month.
- It gives you additional access to both C More and HBO Nordic, which costs you SEK 109 per month.
- Telia Play is a cost-effective option among streaming services.
Telia Play on Android TV
Telia Play app is available natively on the Android TV platform that you can download to your device.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Get Telia Play on Android TV
The Telia app can be installed on your Android TV if you are in a supported geographical location like Sweden, Finland, Denmark.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon to search for the app.
4. Type down on the search bar and search for the Telia Play app.
5. Pick up the Telia Play app from your search results.
6. Next, click on the Install button and start downloading the app.
7. When the download ends, launch the Telia Play app.
8. Sign In to the app with the proper credentials of your account.
9. Finally, enjoy watching your favorite content on the Telia Play app.
How to Get Telia Play Android TV in the US
As we have discussed, Telia Play isn’t supported in the US. So, if you are in the US, you need to use a VPN and remove the geographical restriction. Then, you will have to side-load the Telia Play app in just three simple steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Telia Play using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
First, you need to install the Downloader app on your Android TV. This app helps you download third-party apps from a trustable source.
1. Turn on your Android TV Box or Android Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Select the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Click the Search icon and type in the Downloader app.
4. Select the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Wait for a few minutes so that the app installs on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
You can’t install any third-party apps on an Android TV just by adding Downloader. For that, you need to make certain alterations to your Android TV settings.
1. Open the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
2. Go to Device Preferences and choose the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Select the Downloader app to enable the setting.
Installing Telia Play on Android TV Using Downloader
Once you are done changing the settings, it is finally time to install third-party apps on your device.
1. Launch the Downloader app.
2. When a prompt appears on your screen, click the Allow option.
3. Enter the Telia Play apk URL in the required section of the Downloader app.
4. To download the apk file, click the Go option.
5. Start installing the Telia Play apk on your TV and wait for it to complete.
6. Once the download completes, close the tab and go to the main screen.
8. Connect to a Swedish server.
9. Launch the Telia Play app and sign in with the necessary credentials to stream the required content.
Other Supported Devices
Anyone with the following devices can access Telia Play easily.
- Apple TV
- Android smartphone
- LG and Samsung Smart TVs (Not Tizen based)
- Web browser
Frequently Asked Questions
Telia Play is a popular Swedish streaming service unavailable in the United States. To break this geographical restriction, you need the help of a VPN.
Telia Play is a Swedish streaming service that gives you access to 15 live Swedish TV channels, movies, TV shows, and live sports. You can find its app on Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, and more.
Yes. Telia Play is supported on Android TV, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV.