SoundCloud is a popular music sharing and distribution platform that started in 2007. The main feature of this platform is that it lets you upload your music creations and share them among the SoundCloud community. Also, it is one of the best apps where you can enjoy listening to music from different artists. Popular artists have used SoundCloud as their medium to influence the music industry. You can access the SoundCloud music streaming app on various devices, including your Android TV.
SoundCloud is an open space for anyone to upload their works for immediate discovery. The app introduces you to new tracks and your fellow fans. Furthermore, find podcasts and DJs on the app immediately. The app suggests content based on your previous streaming style. Also, find music with the curated playlists to light up your mood. Further, add your favorite music on playlists of your own.
There are three tiers of subscription on SoundCloud as follows.
- Basic: It is a free tier where you can upload up to three hours of your work.
- Pro Unlimited: This costs $12 per month and gives you additional features like replacing tracks without losing stats.
SoundCloud on Android TV
SoundCloud has an official Android TV app that you can easily add to your device from the Play Store. Let’s find out the same in the following section in detail.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add SoundCloud to Android TV
1. Launch your Android TV and then connect it to the internet.
2. Choose the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Type in SoundCloud and then search for the same.
5. Choose the SoundCloud app from your search results.
6. Select the Install button and then start installing the app.
7. Wait for the download to finish and launch the SoundCloud app.
8. Log in to the app with your SoundCloud credentials.
9. Note down the SoundCloud Activation Code on your TV screen.
10. Visit the SoundCloud Activation site (https://soundcloud.com/activate), and enter the Activation Code.
11. Finally, you have activated the SoundCloud app on your TV.
Alternative Method: Cast SoundCloud to Android TV
1. First of all, connect your Android TV and casting device to the same WiFi network.
2. Install SoundCloud on your casting phone from the Google Play Store or App Store.
3. Launch the SoundCloud app and then complete the sign-in process.
4. Find the Cast icon on top of the screen and then click on it to enable casting. You can also find the Cast icon on the playback screen of the SoundCloud app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list that appears on your screen and then start casting.
6. Finally, play your favorite track from the app and enjoy watching them on your TV.
How to Sideload SoundCloud on Android TV
Apart from Play Store, you can install apps on your Android TV using the Downloader app. By using Downloader on Android TV, you can sideload apps on your TV.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Go to the Search Bar and type Downloader.
3. Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button on the next screen.
4. The Downloader app will be installed on your TV.
5. Now, go to the Settings menu on your TV.
6. Choose the Device Preferences option.
7. On the next screen, tap the Security & restrictions feature.
8. Select the Unknown sources option.
9. Enable the Install unknown apps toggle for the Downloader app.
10. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
11. Enter the Soundcloud Android TV APK URL in the search bar and click the Go button.
12. The apk file will download on your TV. Click the Install button.
13. After the installation, open the SoundCloud app and sign in with your account.
14. Listen to your favorite songs on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
Let’s find out all other devices that support the SoundCloud app.
- iOS (14.0 or later)
- Android (6 or later)
- Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can find the SoundCloud app in the Google Play Store and download it on your device. It is not necessary to have a paid subscription to access the SoundCloud app.
Yes, you can get the SoundCloud app on your Android TV from the Play Store.