Today, we do have a lot of options like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, and others. These IPTV services bring you to live TV channels under different subscription plans. The same is the case with the IPTV services. They will let you watch live channels at a lesser rate. IPTV requires a media player to play the channels. Among them, Smart IPTV is one of the players which is compatible with all the platforms. If you have an Android TV, install the Smart IPTV app and configure the login credentials of the IPTV provider to live stream the channel you want.
One can install and use Smart IPTV for one week without any fee. After that, you need to activate your account with a one-time payment of 5.49 EUR (6.10 USD) for every device you have.
Smart IPTV on Android TV
Smart IPTV is already supported on Android TVs and you can find its app in the Google Play Store for download. Let’s add the Smart IPTV app and access all our favorite channels.
Smart IPTV Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Smart IPTV Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add Smart IPTV on Android TV
Since we have the official Smart IPTV app in the Play Store, it is easy to add the app. Make sure that you have an IPTV provider account before adding the app to your TV.
1. Press the Home button of your remote to launch the home screen.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click the Search icon on your screen.
4. Using the virtual on-screen keyboard, type down and search for the Smart IPTV app.
5. Choose the Smart IPTV App from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button and this will start downloading the app on your TV.
7. Wait for the app download to complete and then launch the Smart IPTV app.
8. TV Mac address will appear on the screen.
9. Open a browser on your smartphone or PC and visit http://siptv.eu/mylist/.
10. Upload the file to the playlist or enter the external playlists link.
11. Now, reopen the Smart IPTV on your Android TV and the channel list will appear on your TV screen.
How to Add Smart IPTV on Android TV
If you wish, you can sideload Smart IPTV on your device from a trusted third-party site. It can be categorized into the following three steps,
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Sideloading Smart IPTV Using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Pick up the Downloader icon from the list of apps and tap on the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes till the downloader gets installed on your TV.
Enabling Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV and tap on the Device Preferences option.
2. From the menu, choose the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Navigate to the Downloader app and tap on it to enable the feature.
Installing Smart IPTV on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears to access the local files.
3. Enter the Smart IPTV apk URL in the respective box.
4. Click on the Go option and download the Smart IPTV apk file.
5. After downloading it, click on the Install option and wait for the app to install on your TV.
6. When the installation completes, open the Smart IPTV and go through the activation process.
Alternative Method: Cast Smart IPTV Content to Android TV
The Smart IPTV app doesn’t itself support the feature to cast its contents. So, let’s make use of the Google Home app to cast Smart IPTV on your TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the same Wi-Fi as your Android smartphone.
2. On your smartphone, install the Google Home app if you don’t have it.
3. Further, launch the Google Home app on your phone.
4. Click on the Menu icon and then choose the Cast Screen / Audio option.
5. Click on the Cast Screen / Audio button so that your device will search for available devices.
6. Further, select your Android TV from the list of devices on your screen.
7. Within a few minutes, the app will start casting your phone screen on the TV.
8. Launch the Smart IPTV app on your casting device.
9. Finally, play the channel you want to watch on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
Let’s explore the list of devices that support Smart IPTV in them.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung TV
- LG Smart TV
- MAG devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we have the official app of Smart IPTV that can be added to the TV from the Google Play Store.
There are a lot of IPTV players available for Android TV. It includes GSE Smart IPTV, Perfect Player IPTV, IPTV Smarters Pro, Lazy IPTV, and TiviMate.