Sky Go is one of the online streaming services available only to users in the UK and Ireland. With Sky Go, you can watch the latest movies, live TV shows, reality shows, sports, and news. Moreover, you can search and watch the content by genre, channel, and subscription. You can download your favorite content on your device and can watch it offline. The Sky Go pricing ranges from $18 to $49. Sky Go has a dedicated app so that you can directly install it on your Android or iOS smartphone from Google Play Store or App Store. We will show you how to access Sky Go on Android TV using different methods.
Features of Sky Go
- Sky Go streams more than hundreds of channels like Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports, and Sky One.
- You can download and watch the content on the Sky Go app on any device, such as Android and iOS smartphones, PC, tablets, and Xbox.
- Based on your activities, the app recommends the movies or series for you.
- Upgrading to Sky Go Extra gives you additional features and you can also watch the latest content.
- You can stream and watch the content on two devices concurrently.
Why Use a VPN
If you are in the UK or Ireland, you don’t need a VPN to access the content on Sky Sports. But, when you are out of the UK or Ireland, you need to use a VPN. You can use VPNs like Express VPN and Proton VPN, which help you in accessing the geo-restricted content from anywhere. Additionally, the VPN guards your privacy and also doesn’t leave any footprints to track your location.
Sky Go on Android TV
You can access Sky Go on your Android TV in two different ways. As Sky Go is not available officially on Smart TVs, you can install the app by sideloading it, or you can watch the content by casting the app from the smartphone.
How to Install Sky Go on Android TV using Downloader
1. Click on Apps, and go to the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Enter Downloader using the on-screen keyboard and select Search.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Select the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
5. Go to Settings and select Devices & Preferences.
6. Then, select Security & Restrictions.
7. Select Install Unknown Sources and enable the Downloader app’s toggle.
8. Now, go to the Downloader, enter the Sky Go for Android TV Apk URL, and select Go.
9. The download process begins. Once it is downloaded, select Install.
10. Open the app and enjoy watching your favorite Sky Go content on your TV Box.
How to Cast Sky Go on Android TV
You can cast Sky Go on Android TV by installing the app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or App Store. Before casting, make sure that you have connected your smartphone and Android TV connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Go to Play Store on your smartphone.
2. Enter Sky Go and tap on Search.
3. Select the app and tap on Install.
4. Open the Sky Go app and play your favorite content.
5. Select the Cast icon on the playback screen and click on your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. Finally, the content will begin to stream on your Android TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose Stop Casting.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no dedicated Sky Go app for Android TV models like Philips and Sony. It is only available for streaming devices and smartphones.
Using the Downloader app, you can sideload the Sky Go app on your Android TV Box.