Shazam is a very interesting music app developed by Shazam Entertainment and owned by Apple Inc. It was developed to identify music, movies, TV shows, and advertising with the help of a short sample. The app compares the sample with audio fingerprints inside the app. With the help of the microphone in the app, you can find any song that you are searching for. Once the app recognizes the music, it will provide details like Artist, Song Title, and Album. In addition, you can find links to the same song in apps like iTunes, Apple Music, YouTube, Spotify, or Groove Music. If you want to, you can search for any song using the search icon. Let’s see how to access Shazam on an Android TV.
There are no subscription plans available for the Shazam app. It is a completely free application to download and use.
Shazam on Android TV
Shazam doesn’t have a native application to download on your Android TV. However, you can still access Shazam on your Android TV with sideloading technique.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Get Shazam on Android TV
As we said, there is no official way to access Shazam on Android TV. Instead, you need to install Downloader on Android TV to sideload the apk version of the Shazam app.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. On your Android TV, launch the Google Play Store.
2. Make use of the Search icon and the virtual on-screen keyboard to search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the search results and click on the Install button.
4. The Downloader app will install on your TV within a few seconds.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Settings menu from the Android TV home screen.
2. From the Settings menu, click on the Security & Restrictions and then choose the Unknown Sources option.
3. Navigate to the Downloader option.
4. Now, click the toggle located next to the Downloader app name.
Downloading Shazam on Android TV
1. Launch the Downloader app and click on Allow option as soon as a prompt appears.
2. Type in the Shazam apk URL in the respective field of the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Go option to initiate the Shazam APK download.
4. Install the Shazam app on your TV as soon as the apk download is complete.
5. Now, open the Shazam app on your TV.
6. Sign in to your Shazam account with proper credentials.
Cast Shazam to Android TV
You can cast Shazam to your Android TV from both Android and iOS devices.
1. Connect your Android TV and Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download the Shazam app on your Android device.
3. Launch the Shazam app and sign in to your account.
4. Swipe down the notification bar and tap the Cast icon.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Android TV.
4. With that, the screen of your Android device mirrors your TV.
5. Now, launch the Shazam app on your phone.
6. You can see the Shazam app mirroring on your TV.
From iOS devices
1. Connect your Android TV and the iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download the Shazam app and the Replica app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Launch the Replica app and then tap OK.
3. From the list on your screen, select your Android TV.
4. Tap Connect, and it will start streaming your iPhone screen on your TV.
5. Launch the Shazam app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can access the Shazam app on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
Anyone with one of the following devices can access Shazam.
- Android phone
- Windows Phone
- Apple Watch
- Smart Watch
- Google Chrome extension
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Shazam work with TV?
Yes, you can easily access the Shazam app on your TV by casting its Android or iOS app on it.
2. Does Shazam work on Android?
Yes, the Shazam app works fine on your Android phone and tablet without any issues.
3. Is Shazam free on Android?
Yes, Shazam is free on all devices that support the app, including Android devices.