Samsung Smart TV is the best smart TV to use. You can stream media content in the best quality on the app. Samsung TVs are also best for playing games. It comes with Smart Hub Store, from where you can install apps and games on the TV. Further, the TV also supports AirPlay, so you can watch content quickly from your Apple devices on the TV. The performance of the TV is also good. But sometimes, you might have noticed on the Samsung TV screen showing error code 012. This is an internet interference error and it can be solved easily.
How to Fix Samsung TV Error Code 012
Samsung TV error code 012 occurs because of the outdated server, poor internet connection, poor bandwidth, DNS problem, and technical glitches. This error causes problems on your TV like the Smart Hub server not working, not being able to install open, and update apps, and more. If you are facing any of these issues, you can follow any one of the fixes given below to solve the problem.
- Check the internet connection
- Power Cycle the TV and the router
- Check if the app is working
- Change the DNS server
- Change the Smart Hub Region
- Update Samsung TV
- Reset Smart Hub
- Reset Samsung TV
- Contact support
Check the Internet Connection
When you receive an error code 012 on your Samsung TV, first you have to check the internet connection you use. As the error code signifies the internet interference error, you have to check the speed of your WiFi network. You can do that in two ways.
To check the Internet Speed
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Click the Web Browser on the screen.
3. Now, go to https://www.speedtest.net/ website.
4. Click Go and you will get the result.
If this is not working for you, you can connect your Samsung TV to some other internet connection and check whether the TV is working. In case it works, then the problem is with your network, so you can contact your internet service provider to solve the problem.
To connect your TV to a different network,
1. Go to Settings on your Samsung TV.
2. Navigate to General >> Network >> Open Network Settings.
3. Choose your current network name and click on Disconnect.
4. Next, choose the other network name.
5. Enter the password of the network and click Connect.
Power Cycle the TV and the Router
You can power cycle the TV and the router to solve the problem. This will fix technical glitches, if any are available.
1. Make sure that the TV and the router are turned on.
2. Remove the power cord from the power socket.
3. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Replug the power cord and turn on both devices.
5. Now, connect your Samsung TV to the WiFi network and see if the error occurs.
Check If the Apps Are Working
Sometimes, the problem may be with the app you use. So, first, check if the app is working. Sometimes, the app server may not work. Check that you can open the same app on any other device you have. If the app is working, then the problem is with your TV. If not working, you have to uninstall the app and install it again on the TV.
Uninstall and Install the App Again
1. Press the Smart Hub button on the remote and go to the Apps section.
2. Choose the app that you want to reinstall.
3. Hold down the Tools icon next to the app that you chose.
4. On the menu that appears, click Uninstall to delete the app.
5. After that, you can install the app from Smart Hub Store.
Change the DNS Server
Samsung TV error code 012 occurs because of the DNS problem. So, configuring the DNS settings on your Samsung TV will help you to rectify the error.
1. Press the Menu button on the remote.
2. Go to Network and then Network Status.
3. Choose the IP settings.
4. On the next screen, scroll down to the DNS settings.
5. Select to Enter Manually option.
6. Type 188.8.131.52 and then press OK.
Change the Smart Hub Region
Sometimes, the error code 012 will appear based on your location. The developers might have removed your region from their services. So, you can try changing the location of the Smart Hub to solve the problem. However, you have to be very careful while changing the region, because if you make any mistake, it may cause more errors.
1. Press the Source button on the remote and choose TV.
2. Exit the page and press the Menu button on the remote.
3. Choose the System sub-menu and find the Setup option and click on it.
5. Press the following button in a direct sequence.
MUTE-VOLUME UP-CHANNEL UP-MUTE
6. Choose any country you like and then you can install the apps from the Smart Hub Store.
7. Once installed, change the region back to your original country.
Update Samsung TV
Still, you are facing the problem, you can update your Samsung TV to the latest firmware because the outdated firmware may cause the error code 012.
1. Press the Smart Hub button on the remote and go to Settings.
2. Choose Support and then select Software Update.
3 Click on Update Now.
4. Wait for sometimes, for the update to install.
5. After that, you can check if the error is solved.
Reset Smart Hub
The problem may be with your Smart Hub store. So, you can reset the Smart Hub Store settings into default settings to solve the problem.
1. Go to Settings and then choose Support.
2. Choose Device Care and then the Self Diagnosis option.
3 Choose Reset Smart Hub.
4. Enter your PIN 0000.
5. Once you have reset the Smart Hub store, you can link all accounts and apps to check whether the problem is solved or not.
Reset Samsung TV
If you have not found a solution to your problem, you can reset your Samsung TV to factory settings. This process removes all the configurations and linked accounts.
1. Go to Settings and then choose Support.
2. Select Self Diagnosis.
3. Choose Reset from the options that you get.
4. Enter the PIN 0000 and confirm to reset by clicking the Yes button.
5. Now, your TV will be set to factory settings.
If still your problem is not solved, you can contact the Samsung support team. You can contact them and provide the necessary information asked, like the TV’s model and serial number. Further, they will help you to solve the problem.
Related: How to Fix Samsung TV Error Code 102.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is because the Smart Hub Store is malfunctioning. To resolve this, you can reset the Smart Hub store.
Error code 102 arises on Samsung TV due to an internet interference error.