If you love listening to podcasts, this section is dedicated to you. With an RSS Player, you can add podcasts to your Android TV. You need to paste the URL for the respective podcast on your RSS Player app. Sometimes, you can even search for a podcast with its name. It would be more convenient if you opt to access podcasts from directories like castroller.com or podnova.com. Once you add podcasts to the app, you can access them under the My Feeds tab. The app shows new podcasts under the Queue tab in the RSS Player feed.
RSS Player on Android TV
RSS Player has its Android TV version, which you can download from the store. It is supported on all Smart TVs and streaming devices running on Android TV OS.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV STREAM Box
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add RSS Player on Android TV
1. Start by turning on your Android TV and connecting it to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Type in RSS Player on the search bar and search for it.
5. Select the RSS Player app from your search results.
6. Click the Install button and start installing the app.
7. Finally, launch the RSS player app on your TV and add podcasts from the official sources
Alternative Method: Sideloading RSS Player on Android TV
If you find it hard to access the RSS Player app on your TV, you can sideload it on your device. It can be categorized under the following three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Sideloading RSS Player using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
To install third-party apps, we need to download Downloader on Android TV. If you don’t have the Downloader app, follow these steps and download the app.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click the Apps tap and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon and type in the Downloader app.
4. Pick up the Downloader app icon from the suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Wait for a few minutes to install the app on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
The default Android TV settings don’t support installing third-party apps. So, you need to change the Settings in favor of the Downloader app to install third-party apps.
1. Launch the Settings on your Android TV from its home screen.
2. Choose Device Preferences and click the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Scroll down to choose the Downloader app. Now, you can sideload an apk file on your TV via Downloader.
Sideloading RSS Player on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
3. Enter the URL for the RSS Player Android TV apk in the respective section of the Downloader app.
4. To download the apk file, click on the Go option.
5. Install the RSS Player app on your TV and wait for it to complete.
7. Once the download completes, launch the RSS Player app.
Other Supported Devices
Anyone with one of the following devices can download and listen to their favorite podcasts with the RSS Player app.
- Android phone
- Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have the RSS Player app on your TV, you can download and listen to podcasts.
Most apps stream podcasts under their subscription tier. Still, we have a lot of options with free podcasts. For instance, you can download podcasts and listen to them with RSS Player.
When it comes to Android TVs, you can access various players like VLC Media Player, MX Player, KM Player, X Player, and BS Player.