Redbox is not a conventional streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime. In Redbox, you can buy or rent video titles individually rather than a monthly or yearly subscription. You can install the Redbox app from the Play Store for Android TV and Android TV Box. You can also get free movies and series every once in a while. Apart from movies and series, you can get to watch free live TV channels from categories like News, Music, Sports, and more. You can install the Redbox app on your Android TV from version 5.0 and above. If you are using the older version, you must update your Android TV to its latest version.
The individual video titles start from$3.99. If you get Redbox Plus for $9.99 per year, you will get 12 video titles for free in one-night rental basics.
Redbox on Android TV
There are different ways to get Redbox on Android TV. You can use the Play Store, cast the app, or sideload the app on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Get Redbox on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi with stable internet.
2. Launch Google Play Store from the Android TV home screen.
3. Search for the Redbox app.
4. From the search results, pick up the Redbox app.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Open the Redbox app on your Android TV.
7. Sign in to your Redbox account.
8. Pick a category that you want from the left pane.
9. Buy or rent the video title and watch it on your TV.
How to Cast Redbox on Android TV
1. Connect both your Android TV and Android/iOS device to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the Redbox app and sign in to your account.
4. Select any video to watch on your Android TV.
5. Click on Buy or Rent, choose a resolution you like, and complete the payment process.
6. When the video starts playing, click on the Cast icon.
7. Choose your Android TV from the list.
8. The video from the app will play on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Redbox on Android TV
1. Power up your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and search for the Downloader by AFTV news app.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the search results and click on the Install button.
4. Now, the Downloader app will be installed on your Android TV.
5. Now, launch the Settings menu from the Android TV home screen.
6. On the Settings menu, choose the Device Preferences option.
7. Tap the Security & Restrictions feature.
8. Then, choose Unknown Sources.
9. In the Install Unknown Apps menu, choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
10. Launch the new Downloader app and then click on Allow option as a prompt appears.
11. Download the AFTVnews plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
12. Then, type in the Redbox Android TV APK URL.
13. Click on the Go button.
14. Download the APK file and click the Install button.
15. Open the Redbox app on your TV. If you can’t open the app, get the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open the APK file.
16. Sign in to your Redbox account and stream your favorite movies.
Other Supported Devices
- Apple TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android phone
- Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Rebox has its official app for Samsung Smart TV and Android TV models.
Yes, the Redbox app is completely safer to use.