In the Play Store for Android TV, you can find a lot of apps and games. But, for browsers, the options are too thin. Among all the web browsers, only a few are available for Android TV. Popular browsers like Chrome and Firefox need to be sideloaded on Android TV. However, some browsers like Puffin TV Browser, TV Bro, and TV Web Browser are available for Android TV in the Play Store. Let’s see how to get the Puffin TV Browser on Android TV and Android TV Box.
You can use the Puffin TV browser for free. If you want, you can buy Puffin 365 to get ad-free browsing and other offerings. The subscription starts at $1 per month. You can also get the Family and Business pack with an extra customization option.
Puffin Browser Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Puffin Browser Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mecool Android TV Box
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add Puffin Browser on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the WiFi connection.
2. Launch the Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Puffin.
4. Select the Puffin Browser \from the search results and then click on the Install button.
5. Once done, click on Open to launch the Puffin Browser app on your TV.
6. Surf the internet with the Puffin Browser on your TV.
How to Sideload Puffin Browser on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and type Downloader.
3. Select the Downloader app from the app search results.
4. Click the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Then, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access APK files.
6. Open the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
7. Select the Device Preferences option.
8. Choose the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
10. Select the Downloader app and enable the toggle.
11. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
12. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
13. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com)
14. Then, enter the Puffin Browser APK Android TV URL. You can also enter the Puffin Browser PRO APK Android TV URL to get the PRO version.
15. Click on the Go button and download the APK file.
16. Tap the Install button to get the Puffin Browser APK on your TV.
17. Open the browser and surf the internet on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Puffin browser is an official browser available in the Play Store. It is the safest and the best browser for Android TVs.
No, Android TVs don’t have a built-in web browser. You have to install a web browser manually.