Peacock is an all-rounder entertainment app from NBCUniversal available in the US. It was launched in July 2020 and still belongs to the list of top streaming services. This complete entertainment package streams a variety of content. The Peacock TV library is rich with movies, shows, series, sports, news, and Live TV. Peacock TV is one of the popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Sling TV. Peacock TV provides both an ad-based free subscription as well as a premium subscription. This free service of Peacock TV makes it more affordable than other streaming services. Today, let’s explore more about Peacock TV on Android TV.
If you are a sports lover, then getting a Peacock TV subscription will benefit you. This is because you can enjoy events like WWE, NHL, English Premier League soccer, baseball matches, and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Also, you can watch the Sunday Night matches of the NFL in this service. However, they are restricted to Premium subscribers alone.
Peacock TV Pricing
At present, Peacock is available only in the US. However, this won’t be the case for long as they have plans to expand Peacock TV to more countries.
We can enjoy free Peacock TV, which is an ad-supported service. It includes 7500 hours of entertainment, including episodes of popular series and movies. Also, you can watch new episodes of the series one day after its release on a free tier. Additionally, you get the Spanish Channels to stream without paying.
Peacock Premium brings to you 15000 hours of content, including movies, series, and popular shows. The Premium plan charges $4.99 with five minutes of ad per hour. Also, you can get $9.99 per month, which filters out most ads out of the service. Further, get a free trial on both of these premium plans.
Premium Plus is an additional subscription to remove ads from the streaming. It can cost you $5 per month or a total of $50 if you subscribe for a year. Additionally, get a $10 Premium Plus subscription which charges $100 a year.
Peacock TV on Android TV
Peacock TV is a supported app that you can download on your Android TV. All you need is that you should be from the US. As we said, you can start streaming Peacock TV without any paid subscription plans.
Peacock TV Supported Android TV
- TCL Smart TV
Peacock TV Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box
- EPSON TV
How to Install and Watch Peacock TV on Android TV
Let’s discuss how to add and activate Peacock TV on our TV.
Follow these steps for the same.
1. Start by pressing the Home button of your remote.
2. Select the Apps tab on the screen.
3. Open Google Play Store and tap the Search icon.
4. Search for the Peacock TV app.
5. Pick the Peacock TV app from the search results.
6. Finally, select the Install button and start installing the app.
7. Wait for the installation to finish, and you will get the Peacock TV app on your home screen.
8. Now, launch the app on your TV.
9. Sign in to your Peacock TV account with credentials.
10. Start streaming your favorite content from the Peacock TV Android TV app.
Alternative Method: Casting Peacock TV Using Chromecast Support
If you have a Chromecast-supported Android TV, then you can also enjoy Peacock TV by casting it from your Android or iOS smartphones. All you need is the updated Peacock TV app on the smartphone and a strong WiFi network.
1. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as the Android TV.
3. Launch the Peacock TV app after installing it and Sign in to your account.
4. Select any video you want to watch on your TV from the app and start playing it.
5. Further, tap on the Cast icon on your app.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices shown on the screen.
7. Finally, Peacock TV will start casting the show on your TV from your smartphone.
How to Install and Watch Peacock TV on Android TV Outside the US
As of today, the Peacock TV app for Android TV is available only in the US, and they have plans to widen the service to more countries. So, if you are out of the US, you might have a little longer to enjoy the service. Still, you can access Peacock TV outside of the US with the best VPN on Android TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Downloader is an app that will help you install third-party apps from unknown sources on your Android TV. If you don’t have the app on your device, you need to add the same.
1. Launch the Google Play Store after connecting your Android TV to WIFI.
2. To search for the downloader app, click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar and select the app.
4. Finally, select the Install button and wait for the installation process of Downloader on Android TV to complete.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
You need to make certain alterations to Android TV settings to install third-party apps on your device. Follow these steps.
1. Launch the Settings menu from your home screen.
2. Scroll down and click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install Peacock TV Using Downloader
You have already added Downloader and made it ready to add apps from unknown sources. Let’s add Peacock TV in the same way.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for the Peacock TV Android Apk link in the URL section of the app.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file.
5. Finally, install the Peacock movie app on your TV.
6. You can now let enjoy streaming Peacock TV for Android.
Other Supported Devices
Apart from Android TVs, you can enjoy Peacock TV on other devices too. They have made Peacock TV available on multiple devices so that anyone can enjoy the service.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Smartphones and tablets
- iPhones and iPads
- Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV HD
- Google Chromecast
- Xfinity X1
- Xfinity Flex
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Xbox One,
- Xbox Series X and S
Troubleshoot Peacock App Not Working
You may experience issues at times like Peacock TV won’t load, not loading, etc. In any such cases, you may need to fix it up to let enjoy streaming your favorite titles.
Restart Peacock App: Start by force closing and restarting the Peacock app. It will fix up any temporary issues instantly, and you can get back access to your Peacock TV.
Check Internet Connection: Find if there is any issue with the internet or WIFI like low speed or network connectivity issue. Ensure to connect your device to the strong WIFI.
Restart Android TV: You can restart your Android TV by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. It will resolve lots of issues.
Clear Cache: It may be Android TVs cache memory causing the issue. Try clearing the cache under Settings >> Apps >> See All Apps >> Peacock >> Storage & Cache >> Clear Cache >> Restart the app.
Check for Peacock TV Outages: The service may not work when its servers are down or is facing a temporary outage. You shall check for the status on the Downdetector.
Reinstall Peacock App: You can uninstall the Peacock TV app on your TV. Then, reinstall the app or apk or cast the Peacock TV video.
Frequently Asked Questions
Peacock TV is a popular streaming service that is available on multiple devices, and it includes Android TVs.
It costs $4.99/month. You can even get the annual membership at $49.99/year.
Yes. You can download Peacock TV on TVs, including Android TV, Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Boxes, LG TV, Vizio TV, Sony TV, Xbox One, etc.
Peacock TV is an Android TV-supported app. You can add Peacock TV like any other supported app from the Play Store.
Yes. You shall get three months Peacock free trial on Android TV with the premium subscription.