Paramount Plus is the latest streaming service from CBS. It replaced the CBS All Access subscription not long ago. Now, Paramount Plus has found its place among popular streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+. The Paramount+ library hosts classic movies and shows from the network. For Android TV SmarTVs and Android-powered streaming boxes, you can find a Paramount Plus app on the Google TV Store.
Contents Offered in Paramount+
It includes shows like Young Sheldon, CSI Miami, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Blue Bloods, and Spongebob Squarepants. The content is provided by subsidiaries including CBS, Nickelodeon, BET, MTV, Comedy Central, and Smithsonian Channel.
Paramount Plus streams a cool collection of original content in the service. This content is exclusive to the app as you can’t watch them on any other streaming services. Some of these include The Man Who Fell To Earth, The Stand, The Good Fight, and Criminal minds. All the content in the Paramount Plus library is owned by ViacomCBS and Paramount. Therefore, all the content in the library will be there all the time for you to stream. At the same time, in other services, most titles are removed after the licensing period is over.
Paramount Plus has two plans, including an ad-based subscription and an ad-free subscription.
- The basic Paramount+ plan charges you $4.99 per month. Further, you can get an annual basic subscription at $49.99.
- An ad-free Paramount+ subscription costs you $9.99. Similarly, a Paramount Plus annual subscription without ads costs $99.99.
- You will get a seven-day free trial on Paramount Plus.
Paramount Plus on Android TV
Paramount Plus is a fast-growing streaming service among its established competitors. This is because the service is available on multiple devices so that you can access it regardless of your device. Similarly, you can enjoy Paramount+ on Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Bravia Android TV (2015 and newer models)
- Hisense Android TV
- TCL 3-Series Smart TV (Model 32S330)
- Xiaomi Smart TV (Selected devices)
- Mi Android TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- Xiaomi Mi Box
How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Android TV
If you would like to add and activate Paramount+ on your Android TV, follow the below instructions.
1. Launch the home screen on your Android TV.
2. Choose the Apps tab from the home screen.
3. Open Google Play Store and click on the Search icon.
4. Type down Paramount Plus on the search bar and then hit the search icon.
5. Choose the Paramount+ app from the search results and start installing it.
6. Wait for the installation process to complete.
7. Open the Paramount Plus app on your Android TV.
8. Select the Sign Up option on your screen.
Note: If you already have a Paramount Plus account, go to Settings > Sign In Options > Sign In+ > On My TV. Finally, enter the email ID and password of your Paramount+ account.
9. Select a subscription plan and click on the Continue option.
10. Follow the on-screen prompts to create an account.
11. Enter your name, email ID, and password on the sign-up screen.
12. Click on the Subscribe option.
13. Start streaming your favorite content from the Paramount Plus app.
Cast Paramount Plus
If you don’t wish to add Paramount Plus to your Android TV, you can enjoy it by casting it on your TV. Ensure that you have a Paramount+ subscription, a strong Wi-Fi network, and Chromecast support enabled on your Android TV.
1. Initially, connect both your smartphone and the Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the app on your phone and Sign In to your Paramount+ account.
4. Tap on the Cast icon on your screen to enable casting.
5. From the list of available devices on your screen, choose your Android TV.
6. Within a few seconds, the app starts streaming on your TV.
7. Play any video from Paramount+ and enjoy it on your Android TV.
Sideloading Paramount Plus on Android TV [Outside US]
Paramount Plus is a geo-restricted service and can be accessed only in the United States. People residing outside the US must sideload the apk with the help of Downloader.
#1. Go to the Play Store on Android TV and install the Downloader app.
#2. After installing the app, get to Android TV settings and enable unknown sources for Downloader (Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources → Downloader → turn on the toggle).
#3. Launch the Downloader app and enter the URL for the Paramount+ Android TV apk.
#4. Download the apk file by clicking on the Go option.
#5. Upon downloading the file, install the app on your TV.
#6. Launch a VPN and connect to the US server.
#7. Open the Paramount Plus that you sideloaded and start streaming the media.
Other Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Google Chromecast
- PlayStation 4
- Portal TV
- Apple TV
- iOS devices
- Android devices
- Vizio TV
- Mac and PCs
- Xfinity Flex and X1
- Samsung Smart TV and LG TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Paramount+ is one of the channels that you can access on Amazon Prime. So, if you have Amazon Prime on your TV, you can enjoy Paramount Plus on the app.
The main reason behind Paramount+ not working on Android TV could be
1. Improper internet connection.
2. Outdated Paramount+ app.
3. Outdated Android TV firmware.
4. Downfall of Paramount Plus server.