OneDrive is a very useful cloud-based online storage service developed by Microsoft. With this well-developed tool, you can back up all your files, including photos. In addition, OneDrive provides tools to edit your files and share the same. On OneDrive, you can get a free 5GB storage that you can further upgrade to 1TB. For the same, you need to get a Microsoft 365 subscription. OneDrive can be very useful for personal and office work. Also, OneDrive organizes all your files and folders that you can search and access. Now, we are going to discuss accessing OneDrive on an Android TV.
OneDrive on Android TV
OneDrive doesn’t have its official version to download on your Android TV. So, let’s find out more methods to access OneDrive on your device.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Access OneDrive on Android TV
OneDrive can be sideloaded on your device by following these simple three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling unknown sources on Android TV
- Sideloading OneDrive apk using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
2. Open Google Play Store and click on the Search icon.
3. Search for Downloader by AFTV news and click on the Downloader icon from the suggestions.
4. Initiate the app download by clicking on the Install button.
Enabling Unknown Sources on Android TV
1. Open the Settings on Android TV and go to the Device Preferences menu.
2. Select the Security and Restrictions option and tap the Unknown Sources option.
3. Go to the Downloader app and press the center button to enable the setting.
Installing OneDrive with Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app that you installed from the Play Store.
2. Click on the Allow option when a pop-up appears to access local files.
3. Launch the URL section of the Downloader app and enter the URL for the OneDrive Android TV apk.
4. Select the Go option, and the OneDrive apk will download on your TV immediately.
5. Install the OneDrive app on your device as soon as the download completes.
6. Launch the app and sign in with your Microsoft account to access the media files you stored on the cloud.
How to Cast OneDrive to Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV and Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure to install and sign in to the OneDrive app on your smartphone from Play Store.
3. Launch OneDrive on your device and click the Cast icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
5. From the list of devices on your screen, select your Android TV.
6. The OneDrive logo will appear on your Android TV. Now, open the media file that you want to watch on the TV
Other Supported Devices
You can access OneDrive on one or more of the following devices.
- Android phone (Android 6.0 and later)
- Android Tablet (Android 6.0 and later)
- iPhone (iOS 13 and later)
- iPad (iOS 13 and later)
- iPod Touch (iOS 13 and later)
- Windows PC
- Windows Phone
Frequently Asked Questions
OneDrive can be easily installed on your Android TV from a trusted third-party source. In addition, you can cast OneDrive on your Android TV.
Yes. You can sideload OneDrive on your Android Smart TV from a trusted third-party website.
OneDrive is officially supported on Android smartphones and tablets running on Android 6.0 and later.