NOW TV is a premium monthly subscription-based streaming service from Sky. You can enjoy Sports, Movies, and Entertainment with the NOW TV app on your device. This streaming service has a cool collection of on-demand titles along with Live TV channels. The on-demand titles include thousands of movies, including classic films and the latest hits. It also includes content for kids, including channels like Nickelodeon, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. In this section, let’s explore more about streaming the NOW TV on Android TV.
You can enjoy a few different Live TV channels from NOW TV on your device. It includes Comedy Central, Sky History, Sky One, Sky Comedy, Sky Nature, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic, Sci-Fi, Sky Documentaries, and Sky Crime. There are a few different subscription plans on NOW TV for you to choose from.
NOW TV has a bunch of different subscription plans with different offers.
- Sports Membership – The Sports Membership costs you £25 every month. It includes a 10-month Boost that can be added further to your subscription at £5 per month.
- Cinema Membership – The Cinema membership gives you access to award-winning movies and Sky Original movies at £4.99 per month. Additionally, get a free week of Boost.
- Entertainment & Cinema Membership – This plan costs you £9.99 per month along with a free week of Boost. You can enjoy award-winning shows on-demand.
- Sports day + Mobile Month Membership – You can enjoy this plan at £9.98. This gives you access to 11n Sky Sports and a five-month mobile month membership.
- Hayu Membership – With a £4.99 per month hayu membership, enjoy 8000 episodes of TV reality shows. Also, enjoy a 7-day free with this plan.
NOW TV on Android TV
We can add and enjoy NOW TV on Android TV easily from the Play Store. However, if you are in the U.S, this is impossible as the app is available only in the U.K. So, you need to sideload the NOW TV app to your Android TV.
NOW TV Supported Android TV
Let’s look at the Android TVs that support the NOW TV app.
- Sony Smart TV [2016 models and newer]
- Hisense Smart TV
How to Install NOW TV on Android TV [Inside the UK]
The following steps are applicable only if you’re residing in the UK and have a compatible Android TV model.
1. Turn on your Android TV and wait for the home screen to appear
2. Click on the Apps tab and open Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the search icon and search for NOW TV.
4. Pick the NOW TV app icon from the search results displayed on the screen.
5. Click on the Install button and then wait for few seconds.
6. Wait for the installation to complete and then launch the NOW TV app.
7. Note down the activation code that appears on your screen.
9. Enter the Activation Code and then log in to your account.
10. It will activate the NOW TV app and then, you can access its library.
11. Have a great time streaming the NOW TV app on your TV.
Alternative Method: Casting NOW TV App
Apart from adding NOW TV on your TV, you can cast the contents on your TV. Make sure that you have the following ready before casting the app.
- Strong Wi-Fi network
- NOW TV Subscription
- NOW TV and Google Home app on your Android device
Follow these simple steps to get the app cast to your TV.
1. Initially, connect your TV and Android smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Complete the necessary sign-in procedures.
4. Open the Google Home app, and it will detect all the devices that are connected to the same network. Choose your Android TV.
5. With this, you can start mirroring the smartphone screen on Android TV.
6. Enjoy streaming your favorite shows and movies from the app on your TV.
How to Install NOW TV on Android TV Outside the UK
As we discussed before, those who are living outside the UK need to sideload NOW TV on their Android TV and use a VPN to access the content. You could follow this method on all models on Android TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
To download apps from outside the Play Store, you need to install an app called “Downloader.” You can get this app from the Play Store.
1. Initially, launch the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. To search for the Downloader app, click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader in the search bar and hit the search icon.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Select the Install button and wait for the Downloader to install.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
With the default settings, the Downloader won’t be able to add NOW TV on your device. So, you need to make the following alterations.
1. Launch the Settings menu on the home screen.
2. Scroll down to click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select the Downloader option and enable the setting by sliding the toggle.
Step 3: Install NOW TV using Downloader
Now, the Downloader app can add any third-party app on your Android TV.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the NOW TV apk URL in the required field.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file.
5. Now, tap on the Install option and then access the NOW TV app.
Other Supported Devices
Let’s look at the devices that support the NOW TV app.
- Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K
- Amazon Fire TV Stick [Gen. 2 and later, 4K, Lite, and basic edition
- Fire TV Cube [Second Gen.]
- Nebula Soundbar
- NOW Smart Stick
- Black NOW Box
- NOW Smart Box with 4K and Voice search
- NOW Smart Box with Freeview
- Google Chromecast
- Google TV
- iPhone [5S and later]
- iPad [fifth Gen. and later]
- Android smartphones and tablets
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series X and S
- Xbox One
- BT TV Box
- YouView Box
- LG Smart TVs [Selected Smart TVs]
- Samsung Smart TVs [models of 2015 and later]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I watch NOW TV outside the UK?
The NOW TV subscription works only in the UK, and you can’t access it outside. The geographical areas outside the British mainland where you can enjoy the app include the Northern Islands, Channel Islands, Scottish Islands, and the Isle of Man.
2. Can you get NOW TV on Android TV?
The NOW TV app is supported on a few models like Sony and HiSense Smart TVs.
3. Is the NOW TV app on Google TV?
Google TV runs on AndroidOS and supports the NOW TV app in it. You can get the app on your device from the Google Play Store.