NewPipe is an open-source media player app developed mainly for Android devices. At the same time, it isn’t available on the iOS platform. NewPipe has been known as an unofficial YouTube Client. It means that NewPipe can be used as a YouTube alternative. NewPipe is rich with features that will make to install the app. You can search, play, and download both videos and audio. In addition, you can choose to play only the audio of a video or search for similar videos. In this section, let’s learn how to access NewPipe on your Android TV.
NewPipe is a smart streaming solution that is fast, small in size, battery-saving, and consumes only a little data. Besides YouTube, NewPipe supports SoundCloud, MediaCCC, PeerTube, and Bandcamp. One of the attractive features of NewPipe is that it adds more features to the app regularly. One can access the features of YouTube Premium on NewPipe without paying for it.
NewPipe is free to download and stream on your Android TV. It doesn’t require any registration or subscription to stream the media.
NewPipe on Android TV
NewPipe is available only available for Android smartphones. There is no way official way to download it on your Android TV. So, let’s find out more methods to access NewPipe on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream Box
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install and Stream NewPipe on Android TV
NewPipe doesn’t have a native app on the Android TV platform. So, you need to sideload the NewPipe app on your device.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Go to the Apps section on Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the list and click on the Install button.
4. The Downloader app will install on your TV immediately.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. Launch your Android TV Settings from its home screen.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option >> Unknown Sources option.
3. Go to the Downloader app.
4. Slide the toggle next to the app name.
Installing NewPipe Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option as soon as a prompt appears on your TV screen.
3. Enter the NewPipe URL in the respective section of the Downloader app.
4. Next, initiate the apk download by clicking on the Go option.
5. After downloading the file, click the Install icon, and the app will install on your TV.
6. When the download completes, launch the NewPipe app.
Alternative Method: Cast NewPipe to Android TV
1. Power on your Android TV and connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android smartphone.
2. Pull down the notification panel and choose the Cast or Screen Cast option.
3. From the list of available devices, select up your Android TV.
4. Within a few seconds, the Android device screen will mirror on the TV.
5. Launch the NewPipe app on your device and stream the required media to watch it on the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is NewPipe?
NewPipe is a feature-filled app that brings to you premium content from apps like SoundCloud, MediaCCC, PeerTube, and Bandcamp without paying much.
2. Is NewPipe free?
Yes. NewPipe is completely a free app to install on your device.
3. Is NewPipe on Android TV?
NewPipe is an app that isn’t available natively on your Android TV. So, you need to find other methods to access it on your Android TV.