Nat Geo is one of the most popular channels when it comes to Wildlife shows. It also includes shows relating to nature and technology, including Original shows. You can all these shows on-demand at your convenience. Also, new episodes get added frequently to the Nat Geo library. Further, you can enjoy the Live streaming of the Nat Geo channels. The Nat Geo app gives you access to all the shows from the channel to your TV. You can enjoy watching them on-demand as well as Live. This section will throw light on everything you need to know regarding Nat Geo on Android TV.
On the app, you can watch channels like Nat Geo East, Nat Geo West, and Nat Geo Wild. Enjoy your favorite shows, including Wicked Tuna, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Alaska Animal Rescue, and Life Below Zero. The Nat Geo app is available only in the US and its territories, including Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, U.S Virgin Islands, and Saipan.
The Nat Geo app is free to download on multiple devices like Android TV. First, however, you need to Sign Up for the app with the TV provider account details. Then, the app will let you access its content on your TV. The Nat Geo channel is included in multiple TV providers, including AT&T TV, Sling TV, Vidgo, fuboTV, TVision, Hulu, SlingTV, and YouTube TV.
Nat Geo on Android TV
The Nat Geo app is available for Android TVs on Google Play Store for download. If you have a valid TV provider, then you can enjoy its content on your TV. Similarly, you can enjoy watching Nat Geo with the individual apps of the providers like Sling TV, YouTube TV, and fuboTV.
Nat Geo Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs that support the Nat Geo app.
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
Nat Geo Supported Android TV Box
Let’s look at the Android TV Boxes with the Nat Geo app.
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- AT&T TV
How to Install and Watch Nat Geo on Android TV?
The Nat Geo app is available in the Google Play Store for download like any other supported app on Android TV. So follow these steps and add the app to your TV and enjoy its content.
1. Press the Home button of the Android TV remote.
2. Select the Apps option from your home screen.
3. Choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type down and search for the Nat Geo app on your search bar.
5. Pick up the Nat Geo app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button, and the app starts to download.
7. Launch the Nat Geo app after the download is over.
8. Click on the Account option in the app.
9. Choose the TV Provider option and follow the onscreen guidelines to Log In.
10. You will get a 7-character activation code on your screen.
11. From any web browser, visit nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate.
12. Enter the Activation Code and click on Continue.
13. Choose your TV provider and Sign in with credentials.
14. Finally, the Nat Geo app gets activated on your TV.
Alternative Method: Casting Nat Geo
If you don’t like adding Nat Geo on your TV, you have other options to stream, including casting. The Nat Geo app on Android and iOS devices is compatible with Chromecast. Before getting started, ensure that you have the following things ready.
1. Open the Nat Geo app on your device.
2. Enter proper credentials of your TV provider subscription and Sign in.
3. Click the Cast icon from the top of the screen.
4. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Finally, click on any show from the app and start streaming it on your TV.
How to Watch Nat Geo outside the U.S [Sideloading]
As we said before, Nat Geo is available only in the US at present. It simply means that if you are out of the US, you need to side-load the app on your Android TV. Follow these simple steps to side-load the app on your TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Outside the US, Nat Geo is a third-party app when you try to download it. Downloader is an app from the Play Store that will help you add third-party apps to your Android TV. So, let’s start by downloading the Downloader app.
1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type on the search bar and search for Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Choose the app and select the Install button.
5. Further, wait till the download is over.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
After adding Downloader, you need to alter some settings to download apps from unknown sources. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Launch the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Navigate to and select the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install Nat Geo using Downloader.
Finally, you can add the Nat Geo app on your Android TV using the Downloader app. Now, follow these simple steps to get the app.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Click on the Allow option if prompted.
3. Now, enter the URL for Nat Geo in the URL section of the app.
4. Click on the Go option and get the APK file downloaded.
5. Finally, Install Nat Geo on your TV.
Other Devices That Support Nat Geo
- Apple TV (4th Generation and newer)
- Google Chromecast
- Fire TV (Fire OS 5.0 and above)
- Fire Tablet (Fire OS 5.0 and above)
- Roku and Roku TV
- Xbox One
- iPhone (5S and newer)
- iPad (Air, Air 2, mini 4 and newer)
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch (6th Gen.)
- Android smartphone and tablet
- PC and Mac
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I watch National Geographic on my Android TV?
The National Geographic Channel has its own app for Android TVs in the Google Play Store, where you can add them. You need to Sign In with details of your TV provider to enjoy streaming its content.
2. Is there a National Geographic app for TV?
The National Geographic app is available for download in the Google Play Store of your Android TV. Download it and Log in with details of your TV provider.
3. How can I get Nat Geo Wild on my TV?
The Nat Geo app is available for download on your Android TV. Further, you can watch the channel on individual apps of your TV provider. This includes AT&T TV, Sling TV, Vidgo, fuboTV, TVision, Hulu + Live TV, and Youtube TV.
4. How do I get the National Geographic app?
The National Geographic app is available for download on multiple devices, including Android TV. In addition, you can find the app in the respective app stores of your device.
5. How can I watch National Geographic for free?
Some of the service providers with Nat Geo, including Hulu + Live TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV, have a 7-day free trial. If you are a new subscriber to one of these providers, you can enjoy Nat Geo free for a week.