Android TV has the biggest collection of apps on the Play Store. On top of that, Android TV has features that will help you download additional apps from unknown third-party sources. However, not all third-party apps are developed for your Android TV. Therefore, you might feel uncomfortable while using them on your TV with the remote. For instance, some apps require touch support while others have mouse support. In those situations, you can install and use Mouse Toggle on your Android TV to access those apps easily.
Mouse Toggle for Android TV – Using MATVT
1. On your PC or smartphone, download the latest version of MATVT Android TV apk.
2. With the help of a filesharing app, transfer the Mouse Toggle apk to your Android TV. You can also use USB storage devices.
3. Once you successfully transfer the app, long-press the D-pad OK button and open it.
4. Click on the Install option and start installing the same.
5. Launch your Android TV Settings and click on Apps once the app is installed.
6. Click on the Special App Access option.
7. Next, select the MATVT and enable access to it.
8. Get back to the main Settings page and select the Device Preferences option.
9. Following that, open Accessibility and select Mouse Toggle Service.
10. Enable the Mouse Toggle Service.
11. Next, enter the activation key in the respective field and activate MATVT.
12. Finally, you can long-press on the Activation button and instantly activate the mouse pointer. The Mouse Pointer can be controlled easily with your TV remote.
Mouse Toggle for Android TV – Using CetusPlay
You can make use of the CetusPlay app as the mouse toggle for the Android TV. With this app, you can use your smartphone as a mouse, keyboard, gamepad, and numeric pad on TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to a Wi-Fi connection.
2. From the home screen, select the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Download CetusPlay and install it on your TV.
4. On the other hand, install CetusPlay on your Android smartphone.
5. Launch the Cetus Play app on your smartphone and TV.
6. Soon, the app will detect your Android TV.
7. Next, pick up your Android TV from the list.
8. Click the four-square icon on the right side of the app.
9. Click on the Mouse Mode and use your smartphone as a mouse for your TV.
Related – How to Connect Webcam on Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the mouse toggle on your TV with the help of MATVT and Cetus Play apps.
Yes, you can use a mouse on your Android TV or make your smartphone a substitute for your mouse.