Minecraft is one of the best adventure games developed by Mojang Studios. You can play the Minecraft game on devices like smartphones, PCs, and gaming consoles. As the game is available for Android devices, you can sideload the Minecraft game on your Android TV and Android TV Box. You can play the Minecraft game on Android TV by using the gaming pads.
As Minecraft game requires quick navigation, the Android TV remote is not recommended for playing. You have to connect any of the gaming controllers, like the PS4 controller to your Android TV to get the best gaming experience.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- H96 Android TV Box
How to Sideload Minecraft on Android TV
1. Power up your Android TV and connect to a stable WiFi connection.
2. Next, open Google Play Store from the Apps section.
3. Click the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Now, open the Settings menu tab on your Android TV and choose the Device Preferences option.
6. Next, choose the Security and Restrictions option and the Unknown Sources option.
7. Choose the Downloader option and enable the toggle.
8. Launch the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
9. On the confirmation pop-up on your screen, click on the Allow option.
10. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnewss.com). Without the plugin, you can’t install APK files.
11. Enter the Minecraft Android TV URL (https://bit.ly/3eDGdq4) in the search bar. Make sure you are using the Minecraft for Android smartphones link, the Minecraft Java edition can’t be sideloaded on Android TV.
12. Select the Go option to download the Minecraft APK file download.
13. Install the Minecraft app on your TV by tapping the Install button.
14. Launch the Minecraft game and start playing it on your TV.
Minecraft on Android TV – Limitations
As the Minecraft game is not officially available for Android TV, you will have some limitations with the sideloaded version.
- You won’t get Split Screen support for multiplayer access. You can play only in the Single Player mode.
- Ray Tracing is not available in the Android TV version of the game.
- You can’t host your server with the sideloaded version.
- On Android TV, you can’t get any mods like Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition) and Minecraft Maps in the game.
Other Supported Devices
- Windows PC
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Android Phone
- Android Tablet
Frequently Asked Questions
The Minecraft game was available on Fire TV devices. But from June 2021, Mojang Studios discontinued the Minecraft game on Fire TV devices.
Minecraft 4K is a special edition game developed for the 2010 Java 4K contest. Now, the 4K is not available.