Mi Android TV comes with a good display and excellent features to boost the streaming experience of the users. You can stream the content on the TV in the best quality. It lets you install all the popular streaming apps on the TV. Mi Android TV has a remote control which you can use to operate the TV quickly. You can also use remote apps to navigate the TV. If the Mi Android TV remote is not working properly, you can use the Android TV remote app to control the TV.
Mi Android TV Remote App
Mi introduced its own remote app called, Mi Remote Controller. You can use the app to control the Android TV like an original remote. The advantage of the Mi Remote Controller app is, that you can use the app to control STB, AC, DVD player, camera, projector, set-top box, and more. The app has a user-friendly interface, so you can easily understand how to use the remote app. Moreover, the Mi Remote Controller app can be used to control other TV brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Haier, Videocon, Micromax, Onida, and more.
1. First, install the Mi Remote Controller app on your smartphone from Play Store.
2. Connect your Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3. After the installation, launch the app on your smartphone.
4. Choose the TV option from the app’s home screen.
5. Choose the Mi Android TV from the nearby available devices list.
6. Now, you can use the circle pad to change the channels and you can also adjust the volume.
7. Further, you can use the Home button, Mute button, Menu button, and Power button on the remote app to control the Android TV.
How to Use Android TV Remote Service App to Control Mi Android TV
Google has released a remote app for all Android TVs. It is called the Android TV Remote Service app. You can also use this app to control the Android TV. Connect your smartphone and Mi Android TV to the same network connection and proceed with the below steps.
2. Launch the app and click on Accept & Continue button to accept the terms and conditions.
3. Then, click on the Continue button.
4. Tap Allow and choose Mi Android TV name from the list and enter the PIN to connect both devices.
5. Now, you can use the Android TV Remote Service app to navigate the TV.
Apart from the official remote app, you can use third-party remote apps to control the Android TV.
- IR remote app
- Goldworm remote control
- Universal TV remote control
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Mi box remote is not working, you can use the Mi Remote Controller app to control the TV.
Mi Android TV remote may not work properly if damaged or the battery is over. So, try to replace the battery with a new one.