K-Multimedia Player or The KMPlayer (simply KMP) is a media player that supports all filetypes. You can play videos, audio, pictures, and more on the app. Also, the app supports the subtitles for your video files. The supported video formats include AVI, HDML, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, MOV, 3GP, MP4, MPG, MPEG, and more. At the same time, it supports audio like MP3, DTS, HDML, AAC, WAV, WMA, CDA, FLAC, M4A, MID, and more. Let’s find out how to add and stream KMPlayer on Android TV.
KMPlayer was first launched in Korea in 2002 and was developed by Kang Yeong Hui. In the past years, it has updated itself and supports a variety of languages. This includes English, Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Russian, Swedish, Thai, and more. So, you will find it a lot easier to access KMPlayer on your TV.
KMPlayer for Android TV
KMPlayer doesn’t have an official app on the Android TV platform. So, you need to sideload the app on your TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Sideload KMPlayer for Android TV
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading KMPlayer using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
To sideload apps on Android TV, you need to download an app called Downloader on Android TV. If you don’t have the Downloader app, follow these steps to install it.
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tap and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click on the Search icon and type in Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Pick up the Downloader app icon from the suggestions and click on the Install button.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
The default settings on your Android TV don’t support installing third-party apps. So, you need to change the Settings in favor of the Downloader app to install third-party apps.
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
2. On the menu, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Finally, select the Downloader option and enable the Unknown Sources toggle.
Sideload KMPlayer on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
3. Enter the URL for the KMPlayer Android TV APK in the search box.
4. To download the KMPlayer APK, click on the Go option.
5. Then, tap Install to download the KMPlayer on your Android TV.
6. Open KMPlayer and play your favorite movies.
How to Cast KMPlayer on Android TV
1. Connect your Android/iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Android TV.
3. Open the KMPlayer app and play any content you like.
4. On the media player screen, tap the Cast icon.
4. From the list of devices, tap on your Android TV.
5. Within a few seconds, the video starts streaming on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
If you have one of the following devices, you can easily add and access KMPlayer.
- Windows PC
- Android mobiles
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cast the KMPlayer video contents from your smartphone to TV.