Sending files from one device to another device has always been a drag. Whether it is Play Store or App Store, or any other third-party store, you can find a large number of apps to transfer files. The main difference between these apps is the transfer speed and the requirement to transfer files between two devices. If you are an Android TV user, there are many ways to transfer files from your device to Android TV. The fastest option would be using the Send Files to TV app (from a smartphone) and Cloud services (from a PC).
Transfer Files to Android TV from Smartphone Using Send Files to TV App
1. Launch the Play Store app on your Android TV and Android smartphone.
2. Search for Send Files to TV app and select Install to install them on your device.
3. Launch the app on both devices.
4. On your Android TV, select Receive.
Note: Make sure that your Android TV and the device are connected to the same network.
5. On the smartphone, select Send and choose the files you want to be sent to Android TV.
6. Select your Android TV, and the file will be transferred to Android TV automatically.
7. On your Android TV, open File Explorer or any other third-party file manager.
8. Go to Internal Storage.
9. Select Downloads, and the received files will be available in that folder.
Transfer Files to Android TV from PC Using Cloud Services
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to Play Store.
2. Enter Solid Explorer on the search bar. From the suggestion list, select the app.
3. Click on Install and wait for the installation to be over.
4. Open the Solid Explorer app and select the menu icon on the top left side.
5. Select the three-dotted menu icon on the top right side of the menu screen.
5. Select Storage Manager, and you will see a Connection type menu appearing on the screen.
6. Choose the type of connection you want and click on Next.
7. Change the name if you want or proceed to the next step.
8. Now, you need to sign in with the login credentials of the cloud service that you selected.
9. The Solid Explorer app will ask for a few permissions. Select Allow.
10. Here, you can review all the details on your account that you have linked and click on Next.
11. Click on Connect to finish the process.
Note: You can set a password for Solid Explorer so that you can protect your files.
12. You will see a newly added row with your connection name.
13. Now, access the files that you uploaded on the PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the Send Files to TV app to send files from your smartphone to Android TV.
You can download Solid Explorer on your Android TV box and connect it to cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. On your PC, upload the files to the cloud service and then access them on Android TV.