Android TV is the best one to enjoy the media content in the best quality via the internet It also has support for Chromecast, so you can cast the content from your smartphone to watch them on a bigger screen. However, sometimes you may face issues like a frozen screen, TV keeps hanging now and then, TV performing slowly to load apps, and many more. You can fix them easily with simple troubleshooting techniques. When those techniques fail to fix the issue, you need to reset your Android TV. It will remove everything from your Android TV including the apps, profiles that you added, and downloaded files.
The following reset guide is applicable to all the Android Smart TVs and Android Powered Smart TV Boxes.
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
VU smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Reset Android TV/Android TV Box
You can reset your Android TV in two ways, power reset and factory reset. If you face some minor issues, you can power restart your Android TV. Otherwise, you can factory reset your TV. But remember, the factory reset will make your TV look like a new TV.
How to Power Reset
1. Point your remote control towards your TV.
2. Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the TV shuts off.
3. Now, the Android TV will automatically turn on after one minute.
4. That’s it. You have successfully restarted your Android TV.
Alternatively, you can unplug the TV’s power cable from the power source and then replug it after a few minutes. Your Android TV will restart.
How to Factory Reset Your Android TV/Android TV Box
If the problem is not solved after the power reboot, you can factory reset your Smart TV. But think twice before factory resetting your Android TV, because it erases all the data on your TV. It will look like a new Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and navigate to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, go to Settings >> Device Preferences.
3. From the options you get, tap Storage & reset.
4. Under that, click on Factory Data Reset.
5. On the confirmation menu, choose Erase Everything and click on Yes.
Note – Resetting the Android TV also helps the Android TV to run faster.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reset the Android TV without a remote, remove the TV’s power cable from the power source and plugin it again after a few seconds.
Go to Settings → Storage & Reset → Factory Reset → Erase Everything → Yes.