Jailbreaking an Android TV might be similar to rooting an iPhone. Once you jailbreak your Android TV Box, you can access new features that you couldn’t have accessed before. You can customize your device based on your wishes. There are a few applications blocked on the Android TVs that you can unlock with jailbreaking. In the same way, you can get access to third-party applications.
Jailbreak Android TV Using Rooting Tool by One Click
Before getting into jailbreaking, connect your Android TV to a VPN network. Check our guide on the best VPNs for Android TV.
2. On the next screen, click on the Download or Install button to install the tool on your Android TV.
3. Enable the USB debugging option before launching the application.
4. Once done, launch the One Click Root app.
5. Connect your Android TV to the PC using a USB cable.
6. On your Android TV, open the Settings and select the Developers option.
8. Enable both ADB debugging and USB debugging.
9. Then, open the One-Click Root app and select the Root Now button.
10. Now, the rooting process will begin.
11. Once done, launch the Google Play Store and install the Root Checker app.
12. Using the Root Checker app, you can ensure if your device has been rooted or not.
13. Now, you can access all the restricted features on your Android TV.
How to Jailbreak Android TV using KingRoot
1. Turn on your Android TV Box and connect it to the internet.
2. Launch Settings from the home screen.
3. From the menu, select Security & Restrictions and turn on Unknown Sources.
4. Following that, accept the disclaimer.
5. You need to enable USB debugging.
6. Using the Chrome Browser, download the KingRoot APK file on your Android TV.
7. Follow the prompts and click on Install the KingRoot APK.
8. Once the download is complete, launch the app on your Android TV.
9. Next, provide the necessary permissions to the app following the instruction.
10. Press the Try to root option and then press OK.
11. Wait till the home screen appears after the device is rooted.
12. Once the device is rooted, install the Root-Checker app on your Android TV to check whether the rooting is done or not.
What to do after Jailbreaking your Android TV Box
Once the Android TV Box’s file system is jailbroken, you can access files that you couldn’t download before. But, you have a few things to care about.
- Once you edit files on your Android TV, you need to follow a slow place.
- Some of the torrents can include copyright violations.
- You can face a risk of security threats in your system.
- You need to have a VPN on your Android TV.
- Ensure that you have a backup of your data frequently. The compromised Android TV may stop working abruptly.
- Also, stay away from buying premium features.
By using the above process, you can jailbreak any Android TVs and TV Boxes like Sony Smart TV, Hisense Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, Jetstream Box, MXQ Pro Box, Mi Box, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are two different methods to jailbreak the Android TV Box.
To root your Android TV Box without a computer, you can use the KingRoot application.