Today, we have a lot of VPNs providing safety and security for you online. Hola VPN assures you fun, speed, and safety once you dive into the world wide web. Hola has equipped itself with thousands of servers and millions of IPs in over 190 countries. So, you can access any website, movies, TV shows, and games with Hola VPN. It includes popular apps like Netflix, HBO, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, and much more content. Also, you can break any geographical restrictions. In this section, let us learn more about Hola VPN and about the ways to access it on your Android TV.
Hola VPN is available on multiple devices, including your Smart TV. It has its version on web browsers that you can add as an add-on. Also, it is free to use on all devices. Let’s look in-depth into adding and streaming Hola VPN.
Hola VPN is a free app, and you can access it for free. However, it has a premium tier that gives you additional features. The Hola Premium tier charges you as little as $2.99 per month.
Hola VPN on Android TV
Hola VPN has its application on your Android TV that you can download from the Google Play Store.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to get Hola VPN on Android TV?
Hola VPN has its native app on the Android TV platform. If you have experience of adding other supported apps on your TV, adding Hola VPN is super easy for you. Before starting, make sure that you have a Hola VPN account.
1. First, turn on your Android TV and connect to your WiFi network.
2. Select the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Further, click on the Search icon on your home screen.
4. Using the virtual on-screen keyboard, type in Hola VPN on the search bar.
5. Pick the Hola VPN app icon from among the search suggestions.
6. On the next page, click the Install button to start installing the VPN.
7. Wait for a few minutes to install the Hola VPN app on your device.
8. Launch the new Hola VPN app after installing it.
9. Sign in to the app with the Hola VPN sign-in credentials.
10. Connect to the server location you want and then start accessing the media content or app you want.
Alternative Method: Sideloading Hola VPN on Android TV
If you find it hard to install Hola VPN from the Google Play Store, you can choose to sideload it. It involves the following three steps:
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Hola VPN using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Google Play Store supports Downloader app, which is capable of installing third-party apps. Therefore, we need the Downloader app to sideload the Hola VPN app.
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and open the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and type Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the search results and click on the Install button
4. Wait for a few minutes to complete the app installation.
Enabling Unknown Sources
Now that we have the Downloader app, we need to make the Android TV settings in favor of installing third-party apps.
1. Launch the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Select the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, click on the Downloader option and tap the toggle located next to the app name
Installing Hola VPN on Android TV using Downloader
With all of these done, let’s easily install the Hola VPN app on your device.
1. Firstly, open the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
3. Carefully type in the Hola VPN Android TV Apk URL Downloader app.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for the Hola VPN app.
5. Start installing the Hola VPN APK on your TV.
6. Wait for a few minutes to complete the installation and launch the Hola VPN app on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
With any of the following devices, you can easily access the Hola VPN on your device.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- LG Smart TV
- Android device
- iOS device
- Web browsers [Firefox and Opera]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get Hola VPN on Android TV?
Hola VPN has its Android TV version that you can easily download on your TV from the Google Play Store.
2. How to access Hola VPN on my Smart TV?
You can access Hola VPN on your Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and LG Smart TV.
3. Is Hola VPN on Android?
Yes, it is possible to add and access Hola VPN on your Android devices and iOS devices.