Security is one of the important aspects of our life. Irrespective of wherever we are, we should be aware of our surroundings. Likewise, we should always monitor our home to avoid any mishappenings. Nowadays, we have a lot of options to remotely operate security devices. One such app is the Hik-Connect app. With the app, you can remotely monitor all the secured devices like cameras, NVRs, DVRs, and more. The highlighting thing about the Hik-Connect app is that you can install the app on Android TV and other smart TV.
Hik-Connect helps us to get access to control devices, intrusion alarms, and video intercom. So, you will never be away from things that belong to us even if we are physically apart. Hik-Connect software is accurate and timely. Also, it has a very simple interface that lets the users control their devices with touches.
Features of Hik-Connect
- You can monitor all the security devices with PTZ control.
- You will be notified instantly of alarms with pictures and videos.
- If you want, you can share videos directly from the app.
- You can protect the app with fingerprints and pattern locks (available only for smartphones).
- For guest purposes, you can enable the Visitor mode.
Hik-Connect for Android TV
Hik-Connect doesn’t have its own version for an Android TV. This makes it necessary to find an alternative method to access Hik-Connect on your device. Let’s find out the same in the following section.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Get Hik-Connect for Android TV
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Sideload Hik-Connect using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tap and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click on the Search icon and type in Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Pick up the Downloader app and click on the Install button.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV and choose Device Preferences.
2. Select the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Select the Downloader app.
5. Turn on the Install Unknown Apps toggle for the Downloader app.
Sideload Hik-Connect Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
3. Then, enter the AFTVnews plugin URL browser.aftvnews.com and install it. Without the plugin, you can’t browse the webpage.
4. Enter the Hik-Connect Android TV APK URL.
5. Then, click on the Go option.
6. Tap the Install button to get the Hik-Connect App on your Android TV.
7. Launch the Hik-Connect app and sign in to your account.
8. Monitor all the security devices on your TV.
Other Devices That Support Hik-Connect
- Windows PC
- Android devices
- iOS devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Hik-Connect app can work on Android TVs with Android 4.1 and above.
Yes, you can use the Hid-Connect app on Smart TV.