Google Photos is a very useful app when it comes to photo storage and sharing. It analyzes your photographs and stores them for you. You get a free storage space of 5 GB which can be increased with a subscription. You can search for photos and get them under three categories: People, Places, and Things. Also, it categorizes the images based on these topics as well. Is the Google Photos app available for Android TV? No. Google Photos is officially not available for Android TV. However, there are ways to access it on the larger screen.
Google Photos was initially launched in May 2015. Since its release, it has been facing tough competition from popular cloud storage like iCloud, Dropbox, and Amazon Drive. However, it has become one of the most loved cloud storage for storing photos with simplicity and features.
Generally, Google Photos is part of your Google Account, where you can save your pictures and videos for free for up to 5 GB. To increase your storage, you unlock the premium plans:
- Basic (100 GB) – $1.99 per month/$19.99 per year
- Standard (200 GB) – $2.99 per month/$29.99 per year
- Premium (1 TB) – $9.99 per month/$99.99 per year
How to Add Google Photos to Android TV
Google Photos doesn’t have an app for your Android TV. The only way by which you can get Google Photos on your TV is by casting its Android/iOS app. So, let’s learn how to cast Google Photos on your TV.
From Android and iPhone
1. Ensure that your Android/iOS device is on the same WiFi network as your Android TV.
2. On your Android/iOS device, open the Google Photos app and sign in to your Google account.
3. Open any video or photo on the album that you wish to cast.
4. Further, tap the Cast icon on the top of your screen.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of your new devices.
6. Within a few minutes, the app will be cast on your TV.
7. Now, you can access all your Google Photos and videos on your TV.
1. Connect your PC and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
2. Open the Chrome web browser on your PC and visit the Google Photos website.
3. Play the content video or photo that you like to watch on your TV after signing in.
4. Select the three-dotted customize icon on the browser.
5. From the drop-down menu, click on the Cast icon and find your Android TV from the list.
6. It will start streaming the Google Photos tab on your TV.
How to Access Google Photos on Android TV With a Web Browser
1. Launch a browser on your Android TV.
2. Using the browser, visit the Google Photos website (https://photos.google.com/).
3. Sign in to your account with the proper credentials.
4. Now, you can access all your photos and albums on your Android TV.
How to Use Google Photos as Screensaver on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV and Android Smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone. If you haven’t installed the app, get it from the Play Store.
3. Select your Android TV on the home screen.
4. Select Settings and then choose the Ambient Mode option.
5. It will display three different options.
- Google Photos
- Art gallery
6. Select Google Photos and choose the image you want to set as a screensaver.
Other Supported Devices
- Android devices (version 4.4 and above)
- iOS devices
- Web browsers
- Amazon Kindle
- Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
The Google Photos app is not available on Android TV’s Play Store. So, you need to use the casting feature on the Android/iOS app to access Google Photos.
Yes. Make use of the casting feature on Google Photos to access it on your Smart TV easily.