Google Meet is a =popular video-conferencing app launched in March 2017. One of the best things about the Google apps is that they are officially available for Google devices like Pixel, Android TV, Google TV, and more. At the time of launch, the Google Meet app is made available for smartphones and tablets. Later on, the app is released for streaming devices, smart TVs, and other smart devices. Google Meet proved to be a very useful application for Android TV.
In the Google Meet app for your Android TV, you can add up to 250 participants in a single call. A lot of advanced features like Real-time closed captions, a Raise Hand icon to speak without any interruptions, the video quality of up to 720p, and more are available in the Google Meet app. If you connect the Apple AirPods to your Android TV, you can get the noise-cancellation feature.
Google Meet is a free-to-access application with a lot of attractive features. But, for business, you have to buy the premium plans. The customized business plans start at $7.99 per month.
Google Meet on Android TV
Google Meet doesn’t have an official app on your Android TV. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t access it on your TV. Let’s discuss all possible ways to access Google Meet on a TV.
How to Use Google Meet on Android TV
One of the easiest ways to access Google Meet on your TV is by accessing it with a web browser. You can access Google Meet on your Android TV using any of the web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Also, you need to have the latest version of these browsers on your TV.
1. Launch any one of the web browsers on your Android TV.
2. Next, visit the Google Meet website (https://meet.google.com/).
3. Sign in with your Google account.
4. If you have the meeting code, enter the code in the specified area and tap the Join button.
5. If you want to host a meeting, tap the New Meeting or Start a Meeting button.
6. Send the meeting to your friends, family, or colleagues.
7. If you are done with the meeting, click the End button.
How to Install Google Meet on Android TV
Since there is no official Google Meet app in the Play Store, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV. Sideloading simply refers to adding the app from an unknown source. To install third-party apps on your Android TV, you need to have the Downloader app on your Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store from your home screen.
2. Select the Search icon inside the Play Store to search for the app.
3. Type and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search suggestions.
5. Select the Install button to download the Downloader app.
6. Using the same steps, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access the apps that are installed using Downloader.
7. Launch the Settings app from your home screen.
8. Select the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Select the Unknown Sources option.
10. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
11. Then, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
12. Click the Allow button to give the necessary permissions.
13. Go to the Search bar and enter the browser.aftvnews.com URL to download the AFTVnews Plugin. Without the plugin, you can’t install APK files on Downloader.
14. Now, enter the Google Meet Android TV APK URL.
15. Select the Go option and download the APK file for the Google Meet app.
16. Then, tap the Install to install the Google Meet APK on your TV.
17. Open the Google Meet app on your Android TV and schedule your meeting.
How to Cast Google Meet on Android TV
If you wish, you can cast the Google Meet app to your TV from a smartphone.
1. First, connect both your smartphone and your Android TV to the same WiFi.
2. Start your meeting with the Google Meet app. If you don’t have the Google Meet app, install it from the Play Store.
3. Next, click on Cast this meeting option.
4. If you want to cast the ongoing meeting, tap the Three-dotted menu and choose Cast this meeting option.
5. Now, select your Android TV from the list.
6. The meeting will be cast on your Android TV.
7. If you want to cast the meeting, tap the Three-dotted menu again and choose Stop casting meeting. Remember, this will stop the casting, not the meeting. If you want to stop the meeting, you must press the End button.
Other devices that support Google Meet
Google Meet is available on multiple devices, excluding Android TVs.
- Mac PCs
- Windows PCs
- Chrome OS
- Android (5.0 and above)
- iOS (12.0 and above)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the Zoom app on Android TV using the sideloading method.
Yes, you can screen mirror Google Meet from your smartphone or PC to your TV.