Google Chrome is the best web browser for all smart devices. With the sleek interface with the mush needed features, the Chrome web browser gives you the best growing experience. Though the Chrome web browser is not officially available for Android TV, you can sideload it using any of the third-party installers. Even with the third-party installers, the Google Chrome browser works fine with Android TV and Android TV Box.
Google Chrome has advanced features like Multiple Downloads, Translate option for websites, Customizable shortcuts, and more. As the browser is equipped with cross-platform support, you can sign in with your Google account to sync your search preferences and bookmarks.
How to Sideload Google Chrome on Android TV
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader on the search bar.
4. Select the Downloader app from the search results that appear on your screen.
5. Click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
6. Open the Settings menu on your TV and choose the Device Preferences option
7. Click on the Security & restrictions feature.
8. Select the Unknown Sources option.
9. Click on the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
10. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
11. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
12. Enter the URL of Google Chrome Android TV APK (https://bit.ly/393Ppyd) and click the Go button.
13. Download the APK file and tap the Install button.
14. Now, open the Chrome browser on your Android TV.
How to Use Google Chrome on Android TV
In some models of Android TV, the sideloaded app won’t appear on the Apps screen. For that, you need to install Sideload Launcher on your Android TV.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Tap the Search icon and search for the Sideload Launcher – Android TV app.
3. Select the app and tap the Install button.
4. Now, go to the Apps screen and you will get all the sideloaded apps.
5. Open the Chrome browser and surf the internet on your Android TV.
How to Screen Mirror Google Chrome on Android TV
Unlike other web browsers for Android TV, Google Chrome lets you cast its tab on your Android TV from the PCs. This feature might be useful when you are watching videos on the web browser. You can cast the PC screen on a larger TV screen to enjoy its contents. Ensure that the Chrome browser you use on your PC is updated to the latest version.
1. Start by connecting your PC and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Chrome web browser on your PC and visit any website you want to cast on your TV.
3. Play the content or live TV you want to watch on your TV.
4. Next, click on the Customize and control Google Chrome icon with three dots one over the other.
5. Click on the Cast option on the menu that pops down.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list and then on the Sources option.
7. Click on the Cast Tab option.
8. Now, the Chrome tab will be cast on your TV.
9. To stop the casting, you can click the Cast icon and tap Disconnect or simply close the Chrome browser on your PC.
Google Chrome on Android TV: Drawbacks
Though you can get the Google Chrome app on your Android TV, you may not get a fruitful experience. Chrome is not designed for TVs. With the Android TV remote, you can’t navigate within the Chrome browser. If you want, you can install the mouse toggle on Android TV. If you need a seamless browser for your Android TV, you can try dedicated TV browsers like TV Bro or Puffin TV browser on your Android TV.
Google Chrome – Other Supported Devices
The Google Chrome application might not be available on Android TVs, but you can add it on a few other devices. Here is a list of devices that support the Google Chrome web browser.
- Android phones
- Android Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions
For Sony Android TV, you can use the same sideloading process to install the web browser.
You can use a few browsers on your TV, including Google Chrome, Puffin, and Mozilla Firefox on Android TV.