FX is a popular American television channel from FX Networks under the Walt Disney Company. FX can be considered as a synonym to complete entertainment. The channel brings to you dramas, comedies, movies, and shows you on multiple devices. The streaming on FX includes both live and on-demand content. You can find more than 200 hit movies on the FX app to watch. However, the movie streaming might include ads on its free tier. If you are looking for one of the best entertainment packages, then add FX on Android TV.
The FX NOW app makes it more comfortable for streaming the library. You can continue watching your favorite shows from where you left them last time on the app. Furthermore, add the shows you like on favorites. The shows that you should look for on FX NOW include Archer, Fargo, Cake, Hip Hop Uncovered, Hip Hop Uncovered, and Snowfall.
You don’t need an FX NOW subscription of any kind to stream the app on your TV. You just need a TV provider subscription to access the FX NOW library on your TV.
- Popular TV providers with FX include AT&T U-verse, Spectrum, Cox, DirecTV, Verizon, Xfinity, Dish and many more.
- Additionally, you can also enjoy FX with the streaming services like Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV Stream.
FX on Android TV
The FX app is available for download on Android TV. You can add the app like any other on your Android TV. By entering your TV Provider details, you can stream the app on your TV.
FX Supported Android TV
Following is a list of Android TV models to stream the app on.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
FX Supported Android TV Box
You can also find the app on Android TV boxes as well.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Stream FX on Android TV
The FX NOW app is compatible with the above-mentioned Android TVs. If you have a compatible Android TV model, follow these steps to add the app to your device.
1. Firstly, launch your home screen on your TV.
2. Choose the Apps tab and select the Google Play Store icon to open it.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Use the on-screen keyboard to search for the FX NOW app.
5. Select the FX NOW app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button and then install it on your TV.
7. Once the download ends, open the FX NOW app.
8. An Activation Code will appear on your screen.
9. Visit watch fxnow.fxnetworks.com/activate with any web browser.
10. Enter the activation code in the field provided.
11. Further, click on the Continue button.
12. Login with your TV provider credentials and then stream the required content on your TV.
Alternative Way: Cast FX on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in adding the FX NOW app on your TV and still wish to watch FX on your TV, then cast it from the smartphone. The FX Android and iOS apps are compatible with casting.
- Android or iPhone
- FX NOW app
- Strong Wi-Fi connection
1. Connect both your phone and Android TV to the same Wi-fi network.
3. After installing the app, open it and then log in with your TV provider account.
4. Choose any video or live TV on the app and play it.
5. Click on the Cast icon.
6. From the list of available devices, choose your Android TV.
7. Finally, start streaming your favorite FX shows on the TV.
How to Watch FX Outside the US
The FX channel serves nationwide in the US. So, if you aren’t from the US, you need to use VPN to access the app contents. Before that, you need to sideload the app on your device.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Install FX NOW using Downloader
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Downloader is the app you need on Android TV to sideload the third-party apps. Let’s add the Downloader app as follows.
1. Firstly, launch the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. On the search bar, type and search for Downloader.
4. Choose the app from the search results and click on Install.
5. Finally, wait for the installation to come to an end.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources on Your TV
The default settings don’t let you add third-party apps. After installing the Downloader, we need to change settings on your Android TV to add third-party apps.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Tap the Downloader app and enable it by sliding on the toggle next to it.
Step 3: Install FX NOW Using Downloader
Finally, it is time to install the FX NOW app on our device from a third-party site.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. As prompted, click on the Allow option.
3. On the URL section of the app, enter the URL for the FX NOW app from a trusted site.
4. Hit the Go button, and it will download the APK file for FX NOW.
5. Install the app on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
It is not just Android TVs that support the FX NOW app. You can get the app on various other devices as listed below.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android phones
- Android tablets
- Samsung Smart TV
- Mac and PC
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get FX on my smart TV?
FX has its app, FX NOW on Android TVs for download. If you have a TV providers subscription, you can enjoy streaming your favorite FX shows by signing up.
2. How do I activate FX NOW on my Samsung Smart TV?
Install the FX NOW app and open it to get the Activation Code. Further, visit the activation site and follow the prompts to activate it.
3. How can I watch FX now on my TV?
If you have an Android TV, download the FX NOW app. Similarly, you can cast FX NOW on your TV.