F1 2022 is at its halfway stage. The 2022 season of Formula 1 is one of the most interesting seasons, as the ever-dominant Mercedes are not performing up to the mark, and the championship is wide open to almost three drivers. After the success of Drive to Survive, a lot of people are watching the F1 race. Even the F1 community launched a dedicated app for Android TV and made it available on the Play Store from Nov 2021.
The F1 TV app gives you access to a lot of F1 content. It includes race day coverage, practice sessions, paddocks, and other exclusive titles. You can watch all of these in HD so that you can enjoy the sport at its best. Also, enjoy watching live streams of F2, F3, and Porsche Supercap races with the F1 app. The F1 app is available in 85 different countries.
F1 offers two types of subscriptions. F1TV Pro and F1 TV Access. The F1TV Pro will give you unlimited access to all the video content. In F1 TV Access, you will get only the live races.
- F1TV Pro costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year.
- F1 TV Access costs $2.99 per month or $26.99 per year.
F1 on Android TV
If you have an Android TV, there is more than just one single way to access F1 on it. So, in this section, we shall find out all these methods in detail.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream Box
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add F1 TV App to Android TV
1. Firstly, launch your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Choose the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, type in F1 and then search for the same.
5. Further, choose the F1 app from the search results.
6. Select the Install button to start downloading the app.
7. Wait for the download to finish and then launch the F1 app.
8. Sign in to your F1 account.
9. Start streaming all the F1 races on your TV.
How to Access the Web Version of F1 on Android TV
If you have a web browser like Chrome and Firefox on your Android TV, you can access the web version of F1 using its website.
1. Open a web browser on Android TV.
2. On the browser, visit the Formula 1 website (https://f1tv.formula1.com).
3. Log in to your F1 account.
4. On the website, browse and find videos to play.
5. Enjoy streaming the F1 race on your TV.
How to Cast F1 on Android TV
If you wish, you can watch the F1 race by casting the app on your Android TV on both the Android and iOS versions of F1 support casting.
1. Connect your Android TV and casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: There are two F1 apps available. One for live streaming and the other one for news & live updates. Make sure that you are installing the live streaming app (F1 TV app), not the live news app (Formula 1 app).
3. Launch the F1 TV app and complete the sign-in process as needed.
4. Find the Cast icon on the screen and then click on it to enable casting.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list that appears on the screen and then start casting.
6. Finally, play the F1 race video and exclusive content from the app to enjoy watching on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
If you have any of these devices, you can access the F1 app.
- Amazon Fire TV
- iOS devices
- Web browsers
- Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You have more than one way to watch the F1 race on your TV. Either add the F1 TV app on your TV or cast it from your Android or iOS device.
No, F1 is not available on the Amazon Prime Video Channels.