Emby is a media server platform that helps you organize and play your media content on different devices. During its early days, Emby was called Media Browser. In the Emby Media Server, you can update any type of media content like videos, music, photos, and more. Emby is a cross-platform app that can be accessed on Android TV easily. The best thing about Emby is that it will convert the media files automatically based on the device you are using. With the Emby app, you can also set parental controls on Android TV to prevent your kids from accessing adult content.
The Emby app is also equipped with editing tools where you can edit thumbnails for your media content. You can let Emby arrange your data with elegant presentations. Advanced features like DLNA sharing and the Cast option are available in the Emby app.
You can use Emby for free. But, to access all the features without any limitations, you have to buy the Emby Premiere. Emby offers three types of subscriptions.
- $4.99 per month
- $54 for one year
- $119 for a lifetime.
With the Emby Premiere subscription, you will get access server on 25 devices. If you want mode device access, you can update your subscription with $11.99 per month for 45 devices and $19.99 for 75 devices. The lifetime cost of 45 devices is $99.
Emby on Android TV
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box
- DIRECTV STREAMS
How to Install Emby for Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search option and type Emby.
4. Pick the Emby app from the app suggestions and then click on Install to start downloading Emby.
5. Click on Open to launch the Emby app on your TV.
6. Follow the prompts and then log in to your Emby account.
7. Start streaming your favorite shows on the Emby app.
How to Sideload Emby for Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Select the Search icon and then type in Downloader by AFTV news.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search results.
4. Click the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
5. The Downloader app will be installed on your Android TV.
6. Open the Settings app on your Android TV.
7. Click on the Device Preferences option.
8. Tap the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Select the Unknown Sources option.
10. On the Install Unknown Apps, choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
11. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
12. Next, click on the Allow option when prompted.
13. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
14. Then, type the Emby Android TV APK URL.
15. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for the Emby app.
16. Tap the Install button to get the Emby app on your TV.
17. Then, launch the Emby app and access your media content. If you can’t access the Emby app, install the Sideload Launcher app on your Android TV.
How to Cast Emby on Android TV
1. Connect both your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. On your smartphone, open the Emby app. If you don’t have the Emby app, install it from the Google Play Store.
3. Sign in with your Emby account and play any video you like.
4. Tap the Cast icon on the Emby app.
5. Tap on your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. Within a few minutes, the selected video will play on your Android TV.
How to Cast Emby on Android TV Using PC
1. Connect your PC and your Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Download and install the Emby app on your PC and complete the sign-in process.
4. Now, open the Chrome browser and right-click anywhere on your screen. Choose the Cast option.
5. From the list of devices you get on your screen, choose your Android TV.
6. Next, click on the Sources button and then select the Cast desktop option.
7. Then, open the Emby app and stream any content.
8. It will appear on your Android TV.
Other Devices that support Emby
Apart from Android TVs, you can access Emby on a variety of devices.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Windows PC
Yes, you can use the Emby on Android TV for free with limited features.
You can download the Emby app on your Nvidia Shield TV from the Play Store