Some people will delete their search history to hide it from others. Eventhough the search history is deleted, the information of what you searched for will be saved by Google. To have a safe and private browsing experience, install DuckDuckGo on your Android TV. You can install the DuckDuckGo as a standalone app or as an extension in Chrome Browser on Android TV.
- You can search for the data more privately and safely.
- It does not track or store what you searched for.
- You can block millions of websites that contain hidden trackers.
- DuckDuckGo is available for free.
- It is one of the most secured browsers for Android TV.
Supported Andriod TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- AT&T TV
- NVIDIA Shield TV
How to Sideload DuckDuckGo on Android TV
To sideload the DuckDuckGo web browser on your Android TV, you have to get the Downloader app on Android TV. Sideloading is a similar process to installing apps on Android TV. Additionally, you have to change some of your Android TV Settings.
1. On your Android TV home screen, open the Google Play Store app.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Install button to get the app on your Android TV.
4. Then, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access the DuckDuckGo APK file.
5. Then, on your Android TV Settings page, go to the Device Preference option.
6. Then, click on Security and Restriction.
7. From the Install Unknown Apps section, turn on the Downloader toggle.
8. By enabling, you are allowing the Downloader app to make the changes on your Android TV.
9. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. In the search box, enter the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com). Without that plugin, you cannot download any APK files on the Downloader app.
11. Then, enter the DuckDuckGo Android TV APK URL and tap the Go button.
12. Download the APK file and install it on your Android TV.
13. Open the DuckDuckGo web browser and surf the internet without any privacy issues.
If you want more features or if you are satisfied with the DuckDuckGo web browser, you can try any one of these alternatives.
Swisscows won’t save your data and the information that you searched for. It is one of the great search engine apps to protect your privacy. This app does not create any personal profiles. Swisscows works with its own website and does not work on cloud or third-party providers. To install the Swisscows app, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV.
Gibiru browser provides a private searching experience to the users. You can find the sites that have been blocked from the mainstream search engines. Gibiru doesn’t save your browsing history. You can enter the website without them knowing that you were there. It also blocks malware and cookies on your Android TV.
Qwant is a french search engine that respects the privacy of users. The web browser’s search engine blocks advertising and tracking cookies on your Android TV. It acts as both the search engine and the private web browser. This appliaction is completely easy to use on your mobile as well as on other Android devices.
Though Android TV doesn’t have a web browser by default, you can install the Puffin TV browser on the TV Bro browser from the Play Store.
For Android TV, the Google Chrome web browser is the best one.