DStv is a streaming platform where you can stream live TV channels, movies, tv shows, sports highlights, and more. It is a popular streaming platform that is available only in African countries like Nigeria, Benin, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, and more. It has more than 110+ live tv channels available in different categories like Sports, Entertainment, News, Lifestyle & Culture, Kids & teens, and more. DStv offers a wide range of packages to suit the needs of different users. It is available on devices like Android TV, Firestick, Apple TV, and more. Now, let us talk about how to install DStv on Android TV.
Features of DStv
- It allows you to stream the latest blockbuster movies, tv shows, and more.
- It has a download feature so that you can download and store more than 25 videos.
- It allows you to stream on 4 devices at the same time
- DStv Kids provides a safe streaming environment where kids can enjoy streaming their favorite shows.
- It also has a Parental Control feature.
How to Sign up for DStv
1. From any of your devices, open a web browser.
2. Enter DStv on the search bar and from the search results, choose the official website.
3. Select Login on the top right side of the screen.
4. Choose your country and enter details like smartcard number, and surname. Click on Sign in.
5. Your DStv account has been created.
6. Navigate to Packages, choose the plan you want and click on Know more.
7. Choose whether you want the monthly plan or yearly plan and select Where To Buy.
8. Enter your City name to find an accredited dealer or installer.
9. From the results, select either the dealer or installers.
10. You can directly go to the dealer or installers to subscribe for DStv
How to Install DStv on Android TV
1. Launch your Android TV and select Play Store.
2. Click on the Search bar and enter DStv.
3. Choose the app from the search results.
4. Select Install to install the app on your Android TV.
5. Wait for the installation to finish and open the DStv app.
6. Sign in using your Account details and enjoy streaming your favorite content on Android TV.
Install DStv Apk on Android TV [Outside Africa]
You can also use the Downloader app to install DStv on the TV. Follow the steps below to know-how:
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to Apps.
2. Select Play Store and enter Downloader on the search bar.
3. From the suggestion list, choose the app and select Download.
4. Go back to the home screen and select Settings.
5. Now, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources.
6. Turn on the toggle next to the Downloader app and it will allow installing third-party apps on Android TV.
7. Launch the Downloader app
8. Enter the URL for the DStv apk file and select Go.
9. Tap the Install menu after downloading the apk file.
10. Wait for the installation to be over and then deleted the apk file that you downloaded earlier.
11. Now, get back to the home screen of Android TV and launch a VPN app.
12. Connect to an African server and then launch the DStv app.
13. Enter your account credentials and select login.
12. You can now stream all the content available on DStv on your Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch DStv on the Android TV box.
No. DStv is a subscription-based streaming service.