If you love watching movies and series from the Disney network, then Disney Plus on Android TV is the right choice. Disney Plus is a very popular media streaming subscription-based service. It is an ad-free service owned by Walt Disney Company and has a library rich in exciting content. Currently, it competes with services like Netflix and Prime Video. Get subscribed to Disney Plus and enjoy movies without being interrupted by ads.
The Disney Plus app brings mind-blowing shows in 4K stream resolutions. It also has download support which lets you watch movies and shows in the offline mode.
The service is based on monthly and yearly subscription plans.
- Disney Plus offers a monthly subscription plan of $7.99.
- The annual subscription plan costs $79.99.
- Also, enjoy a free trial of seven days with Disney Plus.
Disney Plus on Android TV
Disney Plus is available for download on multiple devices, including Android TV. So, if you have a Disney Plus subscription, you can enjoy watching your favorite shows and series on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Aquos smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Mi Box
- DIRECTV Stream
How to Install and Activate Disney Plus on Android TV
1. On your remote, press the Home or Menu button.
2. From the screen, choose the Apps tab.
3. Click on the Search icon on your screen.
4. Search for Disney Plus by typing it down on the search bar.
5. Pick up the Disney Plus app icon from the search results.
6. To start downloading the app, click on the Install button.
7. Once the download completes, you can launch Disney Plus app on your TV.
8. Once you launch the app, you will get an Activation Code on your screen.
10. Sign in to your account and enter the activation code in the field provided.
11. Finally, click on the Submit button.
12. Within a few seconds, the Disney Plus app will get activated on your TV.
Casting Disney+ from Smartphone
If your Android TV supports Chromecast, cast Disney Plus on your TV from the Android or iPhone.
1. Initially, connect your Smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Disney Plus app and Sign in to your account.
4. Choose and play any video on the app that you want to watch on your TV.
5. Tap on the Cast icon inside your Disney Plus app.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices on your screen.
7. Finally, Disney Plus will start casting the show on your TV.
Sideloading Disney Plus Apk on Android TV
It is an alternate way to install the Disney Plus app on your Android-powered Smart TVs and Boxes. For this method, you need to access the help of the Downloader app. It is a tool that will help you to sideload third-party apps on your Smart TV.
1. Go to Android TV settings and enable the unknown sources setting for the Downloader app.
Settings → Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources → Downloader → Turn on the toggle.
2. Launch the Downloader app.
3. Enter the URL for the Disney Plus Android TV apk and click on the Go button.
4. The Disney+ apk file will download on your Smart TV.
5. Tap on the Install option to run the downloader file.
6. Wait for the app to install on your device.
7. Launch the app and go through the activation process.
Other Supported Devices
Apart from Android TVs, you can enjoy watching amazing shows from Disney Plus on many other devices. Here is the list of devices with Disney Plus.
- Apple TV
- Android Smartphones and Tablets
- iPhones and iPads
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Chromecast with Google TV
- LG TVs and Samsung Smart TVs
- PlayStation 4 and 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox series X and S
Frequently Asked Questions
Try the following solutions when you face issues with streaming Disney Plus on Android TV.
1. Force close the Disney Plus app and relaunch it after a few seconds.
2. Clear the cache files of the Disney Plus app.
3. Update the Disney Plus app.
4. Update your Android TV firmware.
5. Uninstall and re-install the Disney+ app.
6. Restart the Android TV.
Disney Plus is available on the certified Android TV Boxes. If you purchased it from an unknown manufacturer, it might lack the support for the Disney+ app. In those situations, sideloading the Disney+ app is the only solution.