Disney Plus is the home to watch your favorite movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. It is available on mobiles, web browsers, set-top boxes, etc., with a subscription of $7.99 per month and $79.99 per year. Disney Plus on TV is a great addition and it will help you stay entertained for hours. The Disney Plus app may stop and not work on Samsung TV due to some technical issues. It is always good and safe to contact the support center. But before that, take a look at the simple troubleshooting steps to resolve Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
- Close & Relaunch the App
- Power Cycle Samsung TV
- Check if Disney Plus Servers are down
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app
- Reset Samsung Smart Hub
- Restart your Wi-Fi Router
- Clear Cache
- Update your Samsung TV OS
- Factory Reset Samsung TV
- Contact Customer Support
Close & Relaunch the App
The simple way to fix Disney+ not working is to close the app on your TV and relaunch it. Although it seems to be a simple fix, it would resolve the issue in most cases.
Power Cycle Samsung TV
There are two ways by which you can power cycle your Samsung TV
- Using the remote
- Using Power Source
Using the Remote
To power cycle your Samsung TV, long-press the power button on your Samsung TV remote until the screen on your TV turns off and on again. When the TV turns on, you shall check if Disney+ is working.
Using the Power Source
The power source is the large circuit board found in the middle of its body.
1. From the power outlet, disconnect the main cable of your TV.
2. Long press the power button of your TV remote for almost 15 seconds.
3. Wait for some time and connect the power cable back to the power source.
4. Turn on your TV and check whether the Disney Plus app is working or not.
Check if Disney Plus Servers are Down
If the Disney Plus Servers are down, you cannot stream anything until it is fixed. You can check the server status of Disney Plus on its official website or on Downdetector. The organization will fix the issues depending on the seriousness of the problem.
Reinstall Disney Plus
While reinstalling the Disney Plus app, you can solve the problem concerned with it.
1. Uninstall the Disney Plus app on your TV first.
2. Press the home button on your TV remote and select Apps.
3. On the search bar, enter the name of the application that you want to install.
4. Select the app from the search results.
5. Finally, click on Install to get the app on your Samsung TV.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
If the Disney Plus app on your TV still did not work on your Samsung TV, try to reset the Samsung Smart Hub. It will delete all the saved files in your account.
1. Firstly, press the home button on your remote.
2. Then, go to Settings from the home screen.
3. Click on Support and then choose Device Care.
4. Select Self Diagnosis and select Reset Smart Hub.
5. Finally, your Samsung TV Smart Hub will be reset now.
Restart your Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes, apps on your device will not work when it goes through a poor internet connection. So, it is best to restart your Wi-Fi router to resolve this issue.
1. Unplug the modem and router from the power outlet.
2. After that, wait for about 15 seconds.
3. Plug the modem back into the outlet first and wait for some time. Then plug the router into the outlet.
4. All the panel lights on the cable modem should become green.
5. Finally, test your internet connection.
Restart Disney Plus
While restarting an app, all the details on the RAM are cleared out and all currently opened apps are closed. You can access the app freshly by restarting.
1. From the home screen, go to Settings and then click on Apps.
2. Tap on the Menu Icon. It is present in the top right corner of your page.
3. Click on Reset App Preference and finally, click on Reset.
The Clear Cache option clears only the temporary files. it won’t clear the login details, customized settings, or any other downloaded files.
1. Click on the home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Go to Settings and select Apps.
3. And, choose the Disney Plus app.
4. Click on Clear Cache and finally, click Ok to confirm.
Update the Samsung TV OS
The Disney Plus app will not work on the older version of your TV. Updating your smart TV can resolve the issue.
1. Press the home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. After that, go to Settings.
3. Then select Support from the settings page.
4. Select Software update and if the updates are available, click on Install.
5. Finally, your Samsung TV OS will be updated.
Factory Reset Samsung TV
A factory reset is a final fix that you can try when the Disney+ isn’t working on your Samsung TV as this process will erase all the details on your device.
1. Use the home button on your TV remote to go to Settings.
2. Select Support followed by Self Diagnosis.
3. After that, select Reset and enter your TV PIN.
4. Finally, confirm the reset.
If the above fixes did not give you a hand when your Disney Plus is not working, then do not hesitate to contact the Support Center or call directly to the toll-free number 888-282-0520.
Related Troubleshooting Articles
- How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on LG Smart TV
- Disney Plus Not Working on Sony TV: How to Fix
- How to Fix ESPN App Not Working on Samsung TV
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
- How to Fix Prime Video Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Disney Plus may not work due to poor internet connection, server outage, outdated version of the app, unsupported firmware, etc.
Check your device whether it is compatible with the Disney Plus app.