Smart devices like smartphones, smart TVs, and streaming devices will store a lot of temporary files. These temporary files are known as cache files. If you are using your Android TV for a longer period of time, these cache files will occupy too much memory space and your Android TV will have some performance issues. If you have any such issues with your Android TV, you have to clear the cache files.
Most of the time, the streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube TV, and Hulu on Android TV will store too much of cache files. With that, the specific streaming app will not work on your Android TV. For instance, if the Netflix app has too much of cache files, the Netflix app on Android TV will not work properly or can’t stream any video content.
Ways to Clear Cache
- Using Settings
- Using Third-Party App
How to Clear Cache on Android TV Via Settings
1. Open your Android TV, go to Settings.
2. Select the Apps menu and choose See All Apps.
3. Choose the app or apps that you want to clear the data and cache memory.
4. Now, tap the Clear Cache button on the screen.
5. Click on the OK button to complete the process.
6. In the same way, you can tap the Clear data button to delete unwanted data on the specific app.
How to Clear Cache on Android TV via Third-Party App
This is an alternative way to clear the cache and data memory on your Smart TV. In this method, you have to download a third-party app called CCleaner on your Android Smart TV.
1. Install the CCleaner app from the Play Store.
2. Open the CCleaner app on your Android TV.
3. Tap the Quick Scan button to scan for hidden files, APKs, thumbnails, empty folders, residual files, caches, cookies, and more.
4. After the scanning, tap the Clear button to delete all the temporary files on your Android TV.
5. If you want, you can also enable the Automatic Cleaning feature to clear the cache file automatically. For this, you have to set the time and size limit like 24 hrs, 48 hrs. 72 hrs, & one week, and 50 MB, 100 MB, 150 MB, & 250 MB.
That is all about clearing the temporary cache files on your Android TV. You can use the above-mentioned steps to clear the cache memory on any Android Smart TV like Sony. TCL, Philips, and JVC. Do it regularly to avoid any performance issues.
To clear the cache on Sony or any other non-Android TVs, you have to restart the TV.
To increase the performance of your Android TV Box, you can delete apps and clear the cache files.