If you are looking for a streaming service with exclusive content for you from Canada, you need to go for the CBC Gem app. This free app has the coolest collection of movies and shows. Apart from these on-demand titles, CBC Gem also streams live TV. So, you can watch live news and sports with the CBC Gem app. If you miss these shows streaming live, then you can choose to watch them on-demand. One of the most attractive features of this application is that it provides ad-free kid’s programs. Let’s add and stream CBC on Android TV.
CBC on Android TV
CBC Gem has its own version of the Android TV app that you can download easily from the Play Store. You have other ways to access the CBC app as well. Let’s explore all of these methods in the following section.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Stream CBC on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Next, select the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Further, click on the Search icon.
4. Search for the CBC Gem app.
5. Select the CBC Gem app from your search results.
6. Next, click on the Install button and then start downloading the app.
7. Launch the CBC Gem app and sign in to it.
8. Start streaming your favorite shows on your TV with CBC Gem.
How to Cast CBC on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
2. On your Android phone, install the CBC Gem app from Google Play Store.
3. Launch the CBC Gem app and signin to your account.
4. Play any video that you like to watch on your TV.
5. From the playback screen, click on the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list.
7. With that, you can see that the video is streaming on your TV.
How to Sideload CBC on Android TV outside Canada
If you can’t find the CBC app on the Play Store, it may be due to the geo-restrictions. In that case, you have to sideload the CBC app using any third-party installers like Downloader.
1. Power on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Select the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search icon and type in Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Select the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
6. On the menu, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Click on the Unknown Sources option and enable the Downloader app’s toggle.
8. Then, launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
9. A prompt will appear on your screen, click on the Allow option.
10. Enter the CBC Android TV APK URL in the search bar.
11. Then, click the Go button.
12. Tap the Install button to get the CBC Gem app on your Android TV.
7. Open the CBC Gem app and watch all the video content.
Other Devices That Support CBC
If you have one of these devices, you can access the CBC News app.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Android smartphone
- Gaming Consoles
- Web browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install the CBC app on your Android Smart TV from the Google Play Store.