Most of the streaming apps are based in the USA. With that, you will get only the US live TV channels and on-demand content. However, there are few streaming apps and live TV providers that are not from the USA offering quality content. One such app is the BritBox. BritBox is a UK-based app available in countries like the UK, the USA, Canada, Sweden, and more. The BritBox app is available for all smart devices like smartphones, streaming devices, Android TVs, Android TV Boxes, and gaming consoles.
BritBox offers two types of subscriptions.
- £5.99 per month.
- £59.99 per year.
Supported Android TV Models
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- AT&T Box
- Mi Box
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Install and Watch BritBox on Android TV
1. Turn on the Android TV and connect it to an internet connection.
2. Next, click on the Apps tab on the home screen.
3. Open Google Play Store from the Apps section.
4. Go to the Search Bar and search for the Britbox app.
5. Choose the BritBox app from the search results and hit the Install button.
6. Open the BritBox app once the installation is over.
8. Enter the proper credentials of your BritBox account and log in to your account.
How to Cast BritBox to Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. If you don’t have the BritBox app, download it from the Google Play Store.
3. Open the BritBox app and login with your credentials.
4. On the BritBox app, play any video of your choice.
5. Click the Cast icon on your app screen.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices available on your screen.
7. It will cast the BritBox videos on your TV.
8. Start streaming amazing BritBox shows on your TV screen.
1. Connect both your PC and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your Windows or Mac and visit the BritBox website.
3. From the library, select any content you would like to watch to watch.
4. Click on the three-dotted Customize icon on the browser.
5. Click on the Cast option from the drop-down menu.
6. Select the Source tab and then the Cast Tab option.
7. Choose your Android TV from the list to start casting the tab.
8. Sart streaming the BritBox shows from the website on your TV.
How to Sideload BritBox on Android TV
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Go to Android TV settings and choose the Device Preferences option.
3. Select the Security & Restrictions button.
4. Open the Unknown Sources option and enable the Downloader toggle.
5. Launch the Downloader app and tap the Allow button to give the necessary permissions.
6. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
7. Enter the Britbox Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
8. After downloading the APK file, tap the Install button.
9. Open the BritBox APK file on your TV.
10. If you can’t find the APK file, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open the APK file.
11. Sign in with your BritBox account and stream your favorite content.
Other Supported Devices
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Google Chromecast
- Samsung Smart TV (from 2016 models)
- LG Smart TV (from 2016 models)
- Android phones and tablets
- iPhones and iPads
Frequently Asked Questions
BritBox is available only for Android TV OS 5.0 and above. If you are using the older version, update your Android TV to get the app.