When it comes to music, we have quite a number of different options on our Android TV including Spotify, Amazon Music, etc. However, Apple Music isn’t one of those music apps. However, it is possible to access Apple Music on Android Smart TV easily. We can sideload the apk version or cast the Apple music content from the Android Smartphone.
Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming service with music and albums from all of your favorite artists. It supports Dolby Atmos sound quality with over 75 million tracks. This music streaming app brings to you clear and crisp music unlike other music streaming services.
Apple Music has music titles of most popular artists including Taylor Swift, Drake, BTS, Britney Spears, and more. You can also enjoy a list of radio stations on Apple Music including Apple Music Hits, Apple Music Country, and Apple Music 1. These stations have special shows that will let you explore more music tracks.
The Apple Music subscription plan will cost you $9.99 per month.
- Students can get themselves an Apple Music subscription at $4.99 per month.
- The app itself comes with a three-month free trial for you to enjoy music for free.
- For a family, you can get an Apple Music subscription at $14.99 per month. You can enjoy the service on six different devices with personal accounts.
Apple Music on Android TV
Unlike Apple TV, the Apple Music app is not available for Android TVs. So, we can’t download the app on the device. However, we can sideload Apple Music as a third-party app on Android TV.
Stream Apple Music on Android TV with Browser
For Android TV, using a web browser on their device is the best option to stream Apple Music.
1. Launch a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Go to the search bar and visit, https://music.apple.com/.
3. Select the Sign In option and enter the login credential of the Apple account.
4. When prompted, enter the verification code you received.
5. Now, select and play the music you want.
How to Install and Watch Apple Music on Android TV
We need to sideload Apple Music on Android TV as a third-party app from a trusted site. This procedure of sideloading the Apple Music app involves three steps.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
We are going to Install Apple Music from an Unknown Source on your TV. It means we are adding an app from outside the Play Store. For this, we need an app called Downloader. This app is available in the Google Play Store itself. Let’s add this app to our Android TV.
1. Start by opening the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
3. Type down and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from among the search results.
5. Click on the Install button and start downloading the app.
6. Further, wait till the installation process is complete.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
If you want to download third-party apps with Downloader, you need to make settings in favor of it. Follow these simple steps to enable Downloader to install third-party apps on your device.
1. Firstly, open the Settings app from your home screen and select Device Preferences.
2. Click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Choose the Downloader app and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install Apple Music using Downloader
Now, the Downloader app is fit to add third-party apps. Let’s employ the same to download the Apple Music app.
1. Firstly, open the new Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for Apple Music apk: https://apple.co/3EeM913 in the URL section of Downloader.
4. Click on the Go option and download the Apple Music APK file.
5. Finally, Install it on your TV.
Casting Apple Music from Android Smartphones
The Apple Music app on Android smartphones and tablets has built-in Chromecast support. So, you can cast the app on your Android TV via WiFi from your smartphone.
1. Initially, connect your TV and the Android phone to the same W-Fi network.
2. Download the Apple Music app from Google Play Store on your device.
3. Complete the login procedures as needed.
4. Further, tap on the Cast icon on your Apple Music app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. With this, Apple Music will logo appear on your Android TV.
7. Finally, start playing music from Apple Music on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
Let us look at the list of devices on which one can access the Apple Music app.
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple Watch
- Amazon Echo
- Google Nest.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Apple Music app is not available in the Google Play Store on your device. So, you can’t get it on your Android TV. However, the Android mobile app of Apple Music is compatible with Chromecast. So, you can cast the app to enjoy music from it on your Android TV.
The Apple Music app is supported on Samsung Smart TV. You can add the app from the Smart Hub like any other supported app.
The Apple Music available for Android smartphones is compatible with Chromecast. At the same time, Apple Music for iOS devices doesn’t support the Chromecast feature.