Animal Planet is a very popular multinational channel from Discovery, Inc launched in 1996. As the name suggests, the channel is dedicated to shows featuring animals, both wild and domestic. The shows include series and documentaries. With the Animal Planet GO app available on your favorite devices, you can enjoy shows from the channel. With the app, you can watch all the popular series including the current seasons on-demand. Also, you can find new episodes of each show on the same day as they air on your TV. However, the Animal Planet GO is available only in the US at present. In this section, we shall discuss the Animal Planet GO app on Android TV.
All the titles on the app are properly categorized by genre so that you can find them easily. You will love shows like The Zoo, Big at Tales, scaled, Big, Small, and Deadly, The Vet Life, and Little Giants from the app. Apart from on-demand titles, you can enjoy watching Animal Planet Live with the app on your TV.
Animal Planet GO doesn’t have a special subscription plan of its own for you to enjoy it. However, you need to have a TV providers subscription to sign up with the app and enjoy its content. All you need to do is, Log In to the app with your TV provider’s credentials. You can use the details of your YouTube TV, AT&T TV, Hulu, Dish, fuboTV, Philo, Optimum, or Spectrum subscription. Also, you can watch content from Animal Planet Go on Discovery Plus app if you have the app.
Animal Planet on Android TV
Animal Planet has made its app, Animal Planet GO on various devices. Similarly, you can add the same app on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
Animal Planet Supported Android TV
Let’s explore the Android Tv models that support the app.
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
Animal Planet Supported Android TV Box
Animal Planet Go is supported on the following Android TV boxes.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- AT&T TV
How to Install and Watch Animal Planet on Android TV
Follow these simple steps and add the Animal Planet GO on your TV.
1. Press the Home button of your Android TV remote.
2. Select the Apps tab on the screen.
3. Further, choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type down and search for the Animal Planet GO app on the search bar.
5. Pick up the Animal Planet GO app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button and the app starts to download.
7. Launch the Animal Planet GO app after the download is over.
8. Login with the credentials of your TV provider’s subscription.
9. With this, the home screen of the app shows up.
10. Enjoy watching your favorite shows on Animal Planet GO.
Alternative Method: Casting Animal Planet to Android TV
The Animal Planet GO app is available for Android and iOS devices like smartphones. Also, the app is compatible with casting support and you can cast them to your Android TV. Make sure that you have these ready before starting.
1. Open the Animal Planet GO app on your device.
2. Enter proper credentials of your TV provider subscription and sign in.
3. On the app home screen, click the Cast icon from the top of the screen.
4. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of available devices. Make sure that both the smartphone and the Chromecast device is on the same Wi-Fi network.
5. Finally, choose your favorite show from the app and start streaming.
How to watch Animal Planet GO outside the U.S?
At present, Animal Planet GO is available only in the US. This means, if you are out of the US, you can’t access the app without side-loading it on your Android TV. Follow these steps to side-load the app on your TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Animal Planet GO is a third-party app when you download it outside the US. Downloader is an app that helps you add third-party apps to your Android TV. Let’s get started with adding Downloader on Android TV.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type down on the search bar and search for Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Select the Install button and wait till the download is over.
Step2: Enable Unknown Sources
After getting Downloader, you need to make some Settings in favor of it to download apps from unknown sources. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Launch the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Scroll to and choose the Security & restrictions option.
3. Select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Choose the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install Animal Planet GO using Downloader
Finally, you can add Animal Planet GO on your Android TV using the Downloader app. Follow these simple steps to get the app.
1. Initially, open the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Click on the Allow option if prompted.
3. Enter the URL for Animal Planet GO in the URL section of the app.
4. Select the Go option and get the APK file downloaded.
5. Finally, Install Animal Planet GO on your TV.
Other Devices that Support Animal Planet
Animal Planet GO is on multiple devices apart from Android TVs. Here is a list of supported devices.
- Apple TV
- Android Smartphone/ Tablets
- iPhones and iPads
- Mac and PC
- Google Chromecast
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox Series X and S
- Xbox One
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I add Animal Planet on my TV?
You can watch Animal Planet on your TV with Philo, YouTube TV, Hulu+ Live TV, AT&T TV, and the fuboTV channel. Further, you can get the Animal Planet GO app and Sign Up with the credentials of the TV provider subscription. Furthermore, you can enjoy Animal Planet Shows with the Discovery Plus app on your TV.
2. Is there an Animal Planet app?
Animal Planet has its app, Animal Planet GO on multiple devices including Android TV. You can add the app and Sign In with details of your TV provider.
3. Does YouTube TV have Animal Planet?
Yes, you can enjoy watching Animal Planet Live with the YouTube TV app on your TV. Further, you can Sign In to the Animal Planet GO app with your YouTube TV account specifications. With the Animal Planet GO app, you can enjoy all the shows on the app on-demand.
4. Is Animal Planet on any Streaming Service?
Animal Planet is available on multiple streaming services. It includes Philo, YouTube TV, Hulu+ Live TV, AT&T TV, and fuboTV.
5. How much does Animal Planet GO cost?
Animal Planet GO app doesn’t have any subscription plans. You only need to Log In to the app with the credentials of a TV provider subscription.