Do you have the habit of leaving your Android TV on and sleeping? Most people used to do that. There is a great solution for this issue, which is the Sleep Timer option on Android TV. This option turns off your Android TV automatically after a certain time. This can be a great solution for the sleepy bees. By doing this, your TV won’t completely power off, it will enable the Sleep Mode or Standby Mode on your Android TV.
Ways to Enable Sleep Timer on Android TV
- Using System Settings
- Using Third-Party App
How to Setup Sleep Timer on Android TV via System Settings
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV.
2. Open the Settings menu on your TV.
3. Scroll down to the Screen saver option.
4. Then, select the Put device to sleep option. To change the screen saver on your Android TV, click the Screen saver option.
5. Now, choose the time interval. You can choose between 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, and 120 minutes. The time interval may vary between the brands of Android TV.
6. In some brands of Android TV, you will see the countdown in the top right of the screen.
How to Setup Sleep Timer on Android TV Using App
Sleep TV Timer is an app specifically designed for TVs to enable sleep time. You can install the app from the Play Store.
1. From your Android TV home screen, open Google Play Store.
2. Search for the Sleep TV Timer app.
3. Choose the Sleep TV Timer app and tap the Install button.
4. Open the Sleep TV Timer app on your TV.
5. In the app, you can set the sleep timer in two different ways.
6. You can choose a time to turn off the TV automatically.
7. Or, you can choose a time interval to turn off.
8. If you want to turn off the sleep time, click the Stop button.
How to Turn Off Sleep Timer on Android TV
1. Press the Settings button on your Android TV.
2. Go to the Timer or Sleep Time option.
3. Open the Sleep Time feature and turn it off.
With the steps mentioned above, you can turn on and off the sleep timer on Android TVs like TCL, Hisense, Philips Sony, Panasonic, and JVC.
Yes, similar to Android TV, Sleep Time is available on Google TV too.
Yes, in the latest version of TCL TVs, Sleep Time is available.