On Android TV, you can watch different types of media content. It supports a wide range of streaming apps and the apps can be installed from Google Play Store. Android TV comes with an easy-to-use interface and so anyone can navigate the TV quickly. To make you more comfortable, it comes with remote control. With the remote, you can easily control the TV. However, the remote hangs sometimes and won’t work properly, and this is common. You must know the best fixes to use when your Android TV remote is not working.
Android TV Models
- Sony Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
How to Fix Android TV Remote Not Working Issue
- Change the batteries
- Check for physical damage
- Check the buttons on the remote
- Restart the TV
- Check for the interference
- Troubleshoot the voice feature
- Update TV software
- Factory reset the Android TV
Change the Batteries on the Remote
If your Android TV remote is not working, you need to check the batteries of your remote first. If there isn’t enough charge in your batteries, then your remote won’t work. It is better to change the old batteries to the new ones.
1. Press the Power button on the remote to remove the residual power and remove the batteries from the remote.
2. Wait for one minute and put the batteries again.
3. Once you have put the batteries properly, you can check the remote with your TV.
4. If the remote is still not working, you can use new batteries on the remote.
Check for the Physical Damage
If you have dropped your remote by accident on the floor, check for physical damage. If you can see visible signs of damage on your remote, you have to get a new remote for your TV. Because the broken remote will not work properly on the TV.
Check the Buttons on the Remote
When your Android TV remote is not working, you have to check the buttons on the remote. You can do that with the camera on your smartphone.
1. Turn on the camera on the smartphone.
2. Point the remote at the smartphone’s camera and press any button on the remote.
3. Now, if you can see the light beam in the picture, then the remote works. If not, you have to change the remote.
Check for Interference
If your TV is unresponsive or responding slowly, you should check for interference. Your TV’s receiver should get the signal properly from the remote. So, remove the object between your TV and your remote. Further, you can also reduce the distance between your TV and the remote. This would definitely help you to resolve your Android TV remote when it is not working.
Troubleshoot the Voice Feature
Mostly, all the Android TV models come with the voice function on the remote. If the voice button is not working on the remote, you can resolve the issue quickly with the below-given steps.
1. Check the status light of the MIC button. If you see an amber LED, then there is a connection problem with your TV and the remote.
2. To resolve this, you have to restart your Android TV.
You can also repair the voice command on the remote.
1. Go to Settings on the TV.
2. Click the Voice Remote Control option. The name varies depending on the TV you have, such as Remote Control or Remote & Accessories.
3. Choose Activate MIC button and check the remote with your TV.
Restart the Android TV
If you have not found any problem with your remote, then you can restart your TV and check. The process is very simple and you can do that in two ways.
1. Press and hold the Power button on the remote for 5 seconds until you get a Power Off message on the screen. Now the TV will turn on automatically.
2. If you don’t have a remote, you can simply unplug the Power Cord from the power source. After a few minutes, plug in the power cord again to restart your Android TV.
Update TV Software
The next fix that you can try out is, updating your Android TV software. It also can help you avoid such problems. To update Android TV software, follow the steps given below.
1. Navigate to Settings on your Android TV.
2. Select the Support & Settings option.
3. Tap System Software Update and click Software Update to update the Android TV.
Factory Reset Android TV
Finally, you can factory reset your Android TV and it will surely fix your problem. But once you reset the TV to its factory defaults, all the data you have stored will be erased.
1. Press the Home button on the remote and select Settings.
2. Choose Storage & Reset option.
3. Tap the Factory Data Reset option.
4. On the next screen, tap Erase Everything.
5. Finally, tap OK for confirmation.
These are the eight best fixes that you can use when your Android TV remote is not working. These fixes work on all types of Android TV models, such as Sony Android TV, Sharp Android TV, and Panasonic Android TV. If you want, you can use your smartphone to control your Android TV as a temporary fix. Check our
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Philips Android TV remote is not working, you can check the batteries or restart the TV.
It is because there isn’t enough charge in the batteries of your remote or there is no proper signal between your TV and the remote.